Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Dropping Frames

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Premiere Pro has been causing my footage to drop frames when I am editing. Before importing, I am able to view the footage on Quicktime with no problems but once I imported into Premiere and I try to watch or edit, there is alot of drop frames. I was editing on Premiere on the same project with different footage and it was fine before but the new footage it doesn't work. I have adjusted the frame rate to match the correct setting for the new footage. The new footage was shot on a Panasonic GH5 V-log profile and coded MP4. I am editing on a Mac Book Pro (13' 2020). If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know, any help is appreciate! 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultae3p8xotkjjo,

Thanks for writing in. We'd need to know the following details to understand the issue properly:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  • What are the frame rate and frame size of the footage?

By looking at the details you provided, I'd suggest converting your footage to Apple ProRes or some other editing friendly format. MP4 is not the best for editing.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always proxies. They work great in PP.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some variations of h.264/265 are hard to edit in most NLEs. Quicktime might make use of Intel's Quick Sync for that variation of H.264/265 and Premiere Pro might not. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines