Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Duplicate media filenames in Premiere, and renaming files mid edit project

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a large Premiere project that has some media already used in edits in the project with duplicate filenames. The files with duplicate names are located in separate Folders on the project drive. Will duplicate filenames, that are stored in separate folders, become problematic? Is there a best-practice, or quick workflow, for renaming batches of media that have already been used in a Premiere project, so that the linked filenames on the drive also change?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Technically it shouldn't be a problem but I have had the same file names in different folders confuse Premiere in the past.

I'm not aware of a quick way to rename the files and have it reflect in Premiere. You can change them in the system folder and then replace media in the project panel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines