• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate MOGRT CLIP in timeline in premiere 14.0

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, I kwon that I'm working with a old version of PR, but it is the most recent in which my workflow works:

I work with a lot of MOGRT text layers, that I import and modify with my own script.

My question is: can I duplicate a MOGRT in timeline, and place somewhere else?

1)I managed selecting it looping through the video tracks.

2) Now , I try to use the function: 

videotrack[index].overwriteClip( clip, time);

And also some variante, as for example putting time both in seconds or tick,

And, most importantly, putting clip.projectItem intead of clip: 

videotrack[index].overwriteClip(clip.projectItem, time);

None of my attempts worked. Suggestione?

Thanks everybody 🙂 🙂 

TOPICS
Editing , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

.mogrts are special, and don't have a backing projectItem. I don't know of a good way for your to duplicate a .mogrt that's already been imported. I think the best approach would be to import the .mogrt again, then set its parameters to match the previously existing .mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about the scripting side, but the only way I've been able to use duplicate MOGRTs was to copy and paste from/to the Project Bin and then drag the new duplicate MOGRT into the timeline. Anything else I tried seemed to crash Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.mogrts are special, and don't have a backing projectItem. I don't know of a good way for your to duplicate a .mogrt that's already been imported. I think the best approach would be to import the .mogrt again, then set its parameters to match the previously existing .mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try  to use QE DOM (at one's own risk!).

Method 'moveToTrack':

QETrackItem.moveToTrack (p0: number , p1: number , p2: string , p3: Boolean 😞 Boolean;

p0 – number of tracks to move. 0 - stay, 1 - one up, -1 - one down

p1 – not recognized

p2 – timeline shift. 'X' - frames, 'X:XX' - seconds and frames. It can have minus sign

p3 – false if move, true if copy.

These data I've got by a lot of experiments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello TVMStern , and thanks a lot for your interest, I really appreciate it. I've just a simple question for you:

What do you mean with with "at one's own risk!". I mean, what could it happen?

I'm basically developing for my own use, so that if the risk is associated with compatibility, I think I can be safe.

Otherwise, if it means something else, as for example losing all the job done.... well, it is a very big risk for sure =( =( . 

thanks a lot again 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! It means that the method I proposed is not officially supported by the Adobe company. QE DOM is unofficial API, but some infrequent tasks maybe solved with QE DOM only. It's a hacky way, if you like 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines