Exit

Duplicate Nests are Linking?

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
thanks for the add.

Literally loosing my mind over something that was so simple to do in FCPX. I've made a sequence with transitions, graphics text etc and nested it.

I want to duplicate this nest so that I can use the same graphics etc but change the text. But when I duplicate the nest, all adjustments from the original are changed when I adjust the duplicate nest.

In FCPX I'd be able to duplicate a "nest" and "Create new master file" so that the new nest wouldn't adjust the original sequence.

I've read you can make a nest. Duplicate it in the Project Window then bring the duplicated nest into the sequence to edit, but I'm still having this issue.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating a nest in the project window should give you a unique sequence

I see you are renaming your sequences/nest might got a bit muddled up there.

If you duplicate in the Project window, your duplicate should read: Nested Sequence 01 Copy 01. Then you can edit this new nest and original will not changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Ann. 
Would you suggest better ways on duplicating transitions etc for the future or is nesting and duplicating pretty much the only way?

cheers,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on how complicated these effects (they are not really transitions) are.

I would keep them in a separate project and import when needed.

I am not such a hugh fan of nesting. I mostly use sub-sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my experience, duplicating a nest that contain another nest inside it, will make another nest that using insided nest changed.

The solution is, import your project. Yes, project inside a project. That solution for now.

but, if that nested clip doens't contain another nest, it will be fine. You can edit your duplicated nest without onther nest changed.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also try Pancake workflow here:

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:AP:39e37d1a-98a1-4310-9d53-d026bcc998d7?view=file

and vote for a new important feature in the coming versions, that works like the True Comp Duplicator

which is a script for After Effects Compositions, but for Premiere Pro Sequences:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45094825-practical-sequence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines