Exit

Duration of mosaic effect

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am newbie with Premiere pro and have a common problem:

I put the mosaic effect to blur out some faces on the video. It shall just blur out the first 3 minutes, then not for 20 minutes and then later in the timeline blurring again for 1 minute.

I managed to adjust the mosaic effect how I want it, but it continues blurring out the rest of the video.

It does not help to use keyframes.

I read suggestion to use razor tool. But this seems not to have an effect on the mosaic.

Could someone please describe the correct handling of the razor tool in this case of shortening the mosaic tool ( like settinmg an end and start point of mosaic)?

For beginners please;)

Thanks you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Newbi,

Sorry for the issue. This issue requires placing "add edits" (razor splices) within the clip where you want to have an effect. That way, you won't have to render any effects you don't need for the clip. Once you have the add edits in place, then drop the effect where you want it, between the splices. You can keyframe or create a mask for the mosaic effect in that region. Let us know if you need help with techniques to achieve what you want. Screenshots can help. Good luck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines