• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DV capture

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, can Adobe Premier Pro capture from DV (Digital8 and MiniDV and DV25) formats?

I need capture tapes with the ability to stop upon encountering time code breaks, SP/LP speed changes and 16/12bit changes etc

I am having issues with audio going out of sync and am not sure if the latest version of PP can capture from DV sources.

thanks all

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, can Adobe Premier Pro capture from DV (Digital8 and MiniDV and DV25) formats?

I need capture tapes with the ability to stop upon encountering time code breaks, SP/LP speed changes and 16/12bit changes etc

I am having issues with audio going out of sync and am not sure if the latest version of PP can capture from DV sources.

By @Aaron268653298r0g

Yes, Premiere Pro can capture DV over FireWire (1394). 

But if you want the ability to stop on timecode breaks etc you should use another capture tool. If you are on Windows you can use ScenalyzerLive Page that now is free and superiour to Premiere Pro´s capture engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you are on a Mac, be aware that although FireWire "pretty much" works over Thunderbolt, it's no longer officially supported by the OS, and hasn't been for some time, and could stop working at any time... there's no further development being put into it by Apple, and if it breaks after an OS update, that will be that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines