Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link not working for Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've been scratching my head on this one and have run into other editors in person who are having the same issue. When I click on the "Edit Clip In Adobe Audition" the audio file does not come over to Audition. I've tried Uninstalling and restarting my computer. In addition to that, I have gone in per other posts for the Adobe 2017 dynamic link issue to make sure that older files (from previous versions) did not exist on my computer.

Given this is a pretty big issue I'm surprised that I was unable to find anyone else online who is having this issue with the 2020 release.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

This problem appears to have been fixed with the latest update. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you verify your versions dperk? Are they the current versions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yes, sir! both current versions. I spoke with the other editors that had the same issue/ were using their system and they both had current versions as well.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Deven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, man. I'll ask around. In the mean time, is this macOS Catalina, or??? Here's a bug to upvote.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same problem with premiere pro cc (2020) and adobe audition cc (2020). I use windows 10, i went on to see some tutorials on youtube and was surprised that i dont have any dynamic link folder on my computer (program files/adobe ??? nothing there). 

Do i have to download it ? i am new using premiere pro, and undertaking an online course whet it came to the moment to do audio fixing with adobe audition using dynamic link,,, i encounter myself with this problem. I tried searching on creative cloud to look for a fix to this and there is none,,, what should i do? 

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It was introduced (for me) when I purchased a new MBP 16", loaded with Catalina.  The dynamic link between several apps seems to be giving me problems.  Queue to Media Encoder does not work from Premiere.  Edit in Audition from Premeire does not open the file.  The link between AE and PP seem to be working okay, however, there are glitches introduced if you're NOT using software renderer (which is much slower).   I have not seen a fix or solution anywhere.  I have seen people suggesting "work arounds" like exporting the audio file to your desktop, then opening it up in audition.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, man. Catalina, eh? I run ol' skool High Sierra on my home system. No issues. Let me see if I can reproduce the bug back at the office. I see that others on User Voice are having the issue. Upvote here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem appears to have been fixed with the latest update. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know dperk!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the latest updates the problem persists for me as well.

Prem link to Encoder and Audition coming up blank.

Anybody??

MacPro 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I take that back! It does work, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update didn't fix it for me, any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither did the update fix the problem for me.
MacOs Catalina
MBP 16 and on MP2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution to the broken "dynamic link" is upgrade to macOS Monterey. Why Adobe didn't fully test "dynamic link" is a mystery! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines