• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DYNAMIC LINK NOT WORKING IN v22

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys! I lost a whole day recreating my project because dynamic link doesn't work(!!!) I have latest for both AE and PP and no strange plugins or clips. Seems a lot of others are angry, too. Seriously having LOTS of problems lately with Adobe software and I'm only hearing good things coming from those who migrated to Davinci. Sort it out. You're not cheap.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the latest PrPro release and the latest major Resolve release have their share of bugs and performance issues. I run a BMPCC4K as my main cam and routinely work with a ton of pro colorists, most of whom are in Resolve. So I watch the BM forums also. 17.4 Resolve has a lot of issues, and it's like the 22.x PrPro. Most users are doing fine, a few are hampered but still working, and some are totally bonked in it.

Now ... it is easier to do a very sensible thing with the Adobe apps of installing new major updates without uninstalling your working version. And only testing in the new version until it's stable. With Resolve, you can only have one version installed period. So most colorists I know install on a secondary machine to test it out before installing on their working rig.

That way you never leave yourself in trouble to meet deadlines.

I had to work a bit to get the 22.x public release to sync my prefs, but after that, it's worked fine. Including the Dynamic Link to Ae. But some of you ... yea, been there done that, it's painful.

Keep working in 15.4 until they sort this for you if nothing else fixes it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't the most supportive response.  Some of us did keep the old version but some critical files (Dynamic Link in my case) were corrupted in all versions and rebuilding hasn't been either easy or productive or timely (especially for those of us with hard deadlines to meet).  Please refrain from shaming those affected.  Solutions, ideas and work arounds are always welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No shaming there at all ... simple advice. Which as always, may or not be useful in any one instance. No way of applying advice that will be useful for every single instance.

If you had no options, hey, that's one thing. Many chose to move forward without testing, as ... once upon a very painful time ... did I.

And some didn't check their CC Desktop App's settings. Which is wise to do every so often, to make sure that it doesn't auto-update anything. And when choosing to update, it's necessary to ensure that the 'remove previous versions' option is not selected.

So for those who sadly got a surprise ... well, mostly that was an avoidable one. It's good for people to know how to avoid that shock though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I usually keep using the previous version until at least a few iterations in. However, my client isn't as clued up on this and I had to work on their v22 project. A long and costly mistake.

It's not for me to do the testing on new releases. That is Adobe's job. Unless Adobe would like to waive my monthly CC subscription. Then I'd be happy to send crash reports. Already sent 3 from Premiere today.

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally understand. And especially when a client has gone ahead, you gotta work with them.

But of course, keeping the rest of your work on  the working version.

This is one of those very frustrating things, as most of the user base is having no troubles but some are being hammered. And yea, wish I had a quick fix.

At this point, I think some users will need to "go nuclear" and use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to obliterate 2022 PrPro/Ae versions from their computer (this also gets all OS reference files), reboot, and reinstall.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines