• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link window missing

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched but not found an answer to this issue. I have the latest updates of Premiere and After Effects CC. When I start a new project in Premiere, I go to Import> Adobe Dynamic Link and nothing happens. The screen is locked and if I click the mouse I hear the bell sound but nothing changes. I have to kill the process in Windows. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Please try these steps:

Close all of the Adobe processes from the Task Manager and go to the following locations:

Location 1: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Location 2: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Adobe

In all the locations, rename the 'Adobe' folders to 'OldAdobe'

Launch Premiere, accept the License Agreement and see if it works.

Note: You will lose your customized workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Millerscd,

When I start a new project in Premiere, I go to Import> Adobe Dynamic Link and nothing happens.

• Do you mean that you click on File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition?

The screen is locked and if I click the mouse I hear the bell sound but nothing changes. I have to kill the process in Windows.

• Have you tried this in a new project?
  • Create a new project, click on Windows > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout & try importing that composition.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Do you mean that you click on File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition?

Yes. After I click on Import After Effects Composition, the screen hangs and nothing happens. I have to Use the Windows Task Manager to kill the Adobe process.

• Have you tried this in a new project?

Yes several times

• Create a new project, click on Windows > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout & try importing that composition.

Didn't change anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details, Millerscd.

Do you have a secondary display/monitor attached?

If so, try using Dynamic Link keeping your secondary monitor disconnected.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have Premiere open only on my laptop screen, I have the same problem. After choosing the option, nothing happens and I have to kill the process to escape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try these steps:

Close all of the Adobe processes from the Task Manager and go to the following locations:

Location 1: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Location 2: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Adobe

In all the locations, rename the 'Adobe' folders to 'OldAdobe'

Launch Premiere, accept the License Agreement and see if it works.

Note: You will lose your customized workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That took care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome & thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I know this is an old post but I feel like I should give people the real solution to this problem.

I discovered this problem today and couldn't work out why the dynamic link import window was NOT appearing for me.

I used to have multiple monitors attached to my laptop but have recently just been editing on the laptop screen only. 

What is happening is that when you go to FILE > ADOBE DYNAMIC LINK > IMPORT AFTER EFFECTS COMPOSITION the window is in reality appearing but BEHIND the full-screen preview window even though no other monitor is connected.

To fix this just go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > PLAYBACK and uncheck "ENABLE MERCURY PLAYBACK".

I hope this helps others.

Aaron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's 2020, still the same bug. The window is somewhere, I can't see it. So I can only press escape, or I am met with the bell sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem for me on a remote desktop... searched a solution for two hours but nothing fixed this, i feel stucked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines