• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Linked AE Comps Time Freeze Bug on Export

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to eb a bug at times when using an AE dynamic linked comp that contains a time remapping freeze frame (on AE side). It previews fine inside PP timeline but apon export to media encoder it renderes out that comp section as a moving video and NOT respecting the time remmapping time freeze placed on the layer inside AE. Thought it was a cache issue but all has been cleared on both PP & AE. Not exactly sure if this is a PP, AE or both issue. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention I am on latest builds of AE & PP (22.4.0) and I'm on Windows 11. Also, sorry for some of my typos  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola que tal, lamento oir lo sucedido, aunque viendo la especificaciones de tu maquina al parecer podria ser problema del Windows 11. He notado que hay muchhos problemas con dicho sistema operativo.
Quizas una reversion a windows 10 soluciones es problema. En mi caso aun sigo con Windows 10.

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found Ae comps can be problematic at odd times just exporting from Pr ... and more so from Me. So I've long ago started finishing a comp, then exporting from Ae as a full media clip to replace the comp on the Pr timeline. Possible better workflow ...

Also, you might try the Me prefs, uncheck "import sequences natively" ... that sometimes helps this out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try the import sequences natively trick, but dynamic link has been a huge part of my workflow for years with no issues so I am hoping adobe fixes this as there is no reason we should have to actually render a dynamic linked comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've never had issues with dynamic link, you've truly led a blessed life!   😉

Sometimes they work fine, other times there can be odd behaviors. And besides that, I've always had better playback with clips than comps especially if there's some complexity to the comp and then effects applied to that in Pr.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to export to different codecs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once it's in media encoder I can run the playhead through the bottom of the preview area and see it's not updatign before I render, so I'm sure rehardless which codec I choose it would be the same outcome 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting AE and PP seem to be the only thing that get's it to synce properly when I update some of the comps. I am noticing now that it's not limited to time remapping. It can be any change inside AE. Then PP might export the comp from it's previous state. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's an article on the Frame.io blog on Dynamic Link comps and proper setup/troubleshooting to avoid hassles ... highly recommended reading!

Frame.io: Dynamic Link with Jarle Leirpoll

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines