• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Audition is greyed out in PPro CC

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an audio clip in my PPro CC timeline. Right-clicking it shows "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" as greyed out.  (Edit video clip in After Effects works fine)

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Hi Nickolas,

Thanks for your troubleshooting idea to merely reboot. I'll summarize the issue for others:

If you can't "Edit in Audition" try these steps.

• Reboot the computer
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after rebooting the computer
  • Reestablish the link between the .sesx preset files and the application.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall Audition
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after reinstalling the application

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would uninstall Audition, sign out of the Desktop CC app, reboot, sign back in (if it's not automatic), then re-download/install Audition.

If that doesn't work, do the same with both PrPro/Audition.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil

Thanks very much for the help, actually i uninstall both of them and re do the process to see how its goes..!!!!

it was very very helpful,

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hope you're working away there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally found this post after experiencing the same issue.  Still says not answered... However, in just a couple minutes into reading most of the original comments, a simple refresh fixed this issue for me. I had recently installed Audition right before attempting to use the "Edit in Adobe Audition" feature in Premiere. Once installed, I then tried to use that feature to find it grayed out. Nothing worked, but then after a restart, I can now right click the media, and see the "Edit in Adobe Audition" in the menu.  Not sure if some of you have tried to simply restart, but it may fix the issue. I'm on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) El Cap 10.11.6 - and using CC 2017 for both Audition and Premiere. Hope this helps. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nickolas,

Thanks for your troubleshooting idea to merely reboot. I'll summarize the issue for others:

If you can't "Edit in Audition" try these steps.

• Reboot the computer
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after rebooting the computer
  • Reestablish the link between the .sesx preset files and the application.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall Audition
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after reinstalling the application

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier should know that Audition is available because it's linked as an installed application in my Adobe Cloud, there is also no doubt hundreds of registry keys created by Adobe that could be used, but they pick the Windows file association. Why?

Thanks to the community posts, I too was able to get it fixed without waiting for Adobe CC to redownload/reinstall Audition while I was in the middle of a job. In my case, the ".ses" file extension was not associated with any application.

This problem only occurred for me after upgrading to Premier Pro CC 2017 and I noticed this problem dates back a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment DrRabid.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just updated to Audition 2017 10.0.1.8 and guess what.... All the Audition right clicks are back to normal.

I had already tried the uninstall method which did not work and my .sesx files where correctly linked already.

So let say that Adobe fixed it... after a while.

Now waiting for the Ultrakey soften GPU fix....

Br.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point if you are running Windows. Adobe heavily uses the Registry and when CC does it's updates, the Registry settings get updated (such as pointing to the Premiere location) but often they won't be loaded in cache until you restart. Also, Shut Down and boot up are NOT the same as restart, when Windows shuts down it retains certain things in memory (yes, even when the tower or laptop turns off). Restart totally clears that and reloads the Registry, which is probably why it worked for you (f you are on Windows that is). If you install something and want to shut down for the night and really DO want memory cleared, simply hold down Shift as you select Shut Down, and when youi boot up, it will start fresh as if you had hit Restart. Windoze fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Reestablish the link between the .sesx preset files and the application."

Um how?

I tried uninstalling audition (cs 5.5) but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Edit in audition got greyed out right after I installed the latest update for Premiere 2020. It worked in the prior version just fine. I tried your other suggestions with zero luck. I think I'm gonna stop using CC and go back to using CS5.5 because at least that version is reliable, and less buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the latest version of all adobe products and Windows 10. Same issue faced - unable to edit clip in adobe audition as it was greyed out when I right clicked on the unlinked audio file in the editing panel. I was able to solve the issue by right clicking instead on the project panel - project file. Dor some reason the option to edit in Adobe audition was enabled there so that worked for me. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still happen in 2022.
I have premier and Audition both 2022.

I went to find the Audition templates in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\Audition\22.0\Session Templates
Double click on any file, it does not know where to open it, asks me to determine, however, Audition is not in the list so click on find an app on windows, locate the audition.exe file and select it.

Reopen premier pro and the option"Edit clip in audition " is now active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here had the same issue on Windows 10, PPro 22.31.

It worked just by updating PPro to 22.4, Media Encoder to 22.4 and Audition 22.4. So before people try anything to change or uninstall, check if it needs updates. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines