• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Audition is greyed out in PPro CC

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an audio clip in my PPro CC timeline. Right-clicking it shows "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" as greyed out.  (Edit video clip in After Effects works fine)

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Hi Nickolas,

Thanks for your troubleshooting idea to merely reboot. I'll summarize the issue for others:

If you can't "Edit in Audition" try these steps.

• Reboot the computer
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after rebooting the computer
  • Reestablish the link between the .sesx preset files and the application.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall Audition
    • See if "Edit in Audition" is restored after reinstalling the application

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hem. i have audition cc 2017 and there is no file, in  document in adobe/audition /8.0
What do i do ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

hem. i have audition cc 2017 and there is no file, in  document in adobe/audition /8.0
What do i do ??

Audition CC 2017 would be in a "10.0" subfolder instead of "8.0"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for anyone else who's still having this problem and the above solutions did not work.  I've been frustrated with this for days now and I feel like an idiot now that I've solved it.  I've been working on a show and everything was linking to audition just fine until the other day.  I imported a timeline from another project that was edited on another computer and those files would not allow me to adjust the gain or send to Audition.  When I realized that the original project that the timeline came from was working in Proxy footage I thought, I wonder if that's the issue?  I checked and all of the original Hi-Res media was offline, I reconnected it through the Proxy - Reconnect Full Resolution Media - and now it works!  Not sure if anyone else had that issue, but I thought it was worth noting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeez, it's still work for me now in 2023, with Premiere Pro 2023! Thank you buddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, only I'm running Win 8.1. When I go to Documents/Adobe, I don't see an Audition folder. Both machines running Win 8.1 CC 2014 and Edit in Audition is grayed out on both. Is there a solution other than the one mentioned for those running Win 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like FelixUnderwood, I'm running CC 2014 on Windows 8.1 and "Edit Clip In Adobe Audition" is grayed out. I tried the .sesx fix, and I also tried a fix suggested in another thread, involving looking up the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.prproj registry entry, but that doesn't exist on my system.

The clip I'm trying to edit is from a multi-camera source sequence, and I've found that if I put the original source clip in the timeline, the option to edit in Audition is available. So perhaps this has to do with clips that aren't just plain audio or video? If the actual audio can be edited in Audition, however, it seems to me that Premiere should be able to send it through, regardless of whether it's coming by way of a multi-camera source or from a plain A/V clip - I shouldn't have to painstakingly replace all my multi-camera clips in order to send them to Audition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows 7, it would not allow me to associate the .sesx extension to Audition: not in Explorer, Default Programs, or even by editing the registry. I've been working with Windows ever since 3.1 and I've never had a problem associating extensions before.  However, a simple uninstall and reinstall of just Audition fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this fix!  I was so mad after updating as I do weekly videos and audition is a big part of the process And I was having to use premiere plugins and it's just not the same. BTW if anyone doesnt find any files in the audition folder it's because you haven't saved an Audition project. Just close premiere, open audition, save a project as whatever, close audition, and then go to that folder in documents>adobe>audition>7.0 and open the .sesx file with audition. This may be common sense, but just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. ProCC latest update, have tried all the above and still greyed out.

IS IT NOT frustrating that this known problem is not dealt with by Adobe. Why are we wasting our time discussing it here when it should not be a problem in the first place. Clearly connections are not being made and it relates to the original design of the software.

I am in the silly situation of 'roughly' calculating the length of .wav file I need, opening up the original file, editing it in Audition, saving it as a separate file, and then importing that into the premiere project.  We should not have to do this, it's just bad design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem past ago, too. Here the link what I have done before. Premiere Pro CC - DynamicLink to Audition

But are you able to send the audio files back to premiere pro cc? Because by my Audition is it grey to open in Premiere pro. I´m still waiting of the support reply since 2 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start in Premier Pro, highlight an audio clip, right click, select "Edit in Audition" (which now is available as a choice since linking the .ses file to Audition), then  Audition opens with the audio file loaded, I make any changes I want in audition, then I close Audition and a dialogue box opens inviting me to save the file back to Premier Pro, which I say yes to, and then Audition closes, I'm back in Premier Pro, and the audio file changes are present after a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I try everything with...

• change file type app (.ses, .sesx)
  • deinstall Audition, cleaner toll, install back again
  • Use a new Windows Admin user
  • delete the 8/0 file in direction path
  • and many other not working solutions ways

and all this was not working for me, so I deinstalled Premiere Pro CC, I want run the CC Cleaner but the tool dosn´t find any Premiere file, so I installed Premiere again and now it works. I can open the file from Premiere to audition, make changes and resend back to Premiere. I don´t know why it works now, but I´m happy.

By the way, it dosn´t deinstalled all my plugins so I´m lucky it was not so much time to do that. Maybe it helps you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. My SESX files were already associated, but for some reason the .SES re-naming and opening trick seemed to do it. Not sure why, I'm on 2015.3 at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem ('Edit in Adobe Audition' is grayed out within Premiere). I'm on Windows 7.

I reinstalled Audition and it fixed the problem. If reinstalling doesn't fix it, you might have a file association conflict.

The instructions at the following link explain how to edit the Windows Registry, which might allow you to associate .sesx files with the Audition application (using Open with...😞

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KqZyOPoVDsz3XQVeU6VWe4E6XFi-pOsUsLwxeoqzpbo/edit?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Your information is very useful. I fixed it.

My environment:

Windows 10 64bit

Adobe CC 2017 (Upgrade from Adobe CC 2015)

RAM: 32 GB

CPU: i7 4790

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Adobe. I just went through another round of updates and now I can't even transfer over audio that goes along with the videos I am editing. I now have to carry over the video to Audition and re-insert it into Premiere Pro. What the f*ck are you doing with these updates? I never had this problem with your updates before, but it seems this latest round has f*cked the programs over. Why am I paying $60/mo for problems? I don't need to pay money to get problems. I can find those for free elsewhere. I pay so I don't have this deal with this bulls*it. I expect you to fix this issue pronto or I'll just use my money for other things and find a free torrent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't "Adobe" of course, but a user to user forum. With some assistance from Product Support staff ... who aren't on the PrPro engineering team. Just fyi.

Issues like you're having are typically easy to fix and the most frequent fixer is to take a few minutes and uninstall/reinstall one or both programs. PrPro is probably just not seeing Audition after the update.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil for making us feel bad now about our inability to manage software.
First it is the role of Adobe to arrange that the installation works. — an app to app link through an update means Adobe people flunked it, not us poor users (I'm IT BTW so I can handle it).
When the continuous update process dream of CC came-up I was reluctant to admit that this would be a painless process... and it is a  pain at each update. Driver issue, cached issues, temp file issue, rendering issue.
As I said before I'm IT so I can start from scratch anytime I'd like but the real issue is for non tech people that are just doing their job with a product they pay for every month. I am on a dedicated machine with limited crap on it and with WS grade equipment. It still does not work properly unless you spend countless hours on Google and in temp folders trying to fix the mess.

SO no, most complaints here are not user's fault. When is it user's fault to trust their software provider and click on Update.....

I'm fed-up with Adobe stuff, updating gives you better software but the collateral damage in lost hours in production is just not acceptable anymore 😞

Mod note: please don't use profanity. Our users are of all ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand your opening comments. The normal first step to get operating when PrPro and Audition or AfterEffects are not seeing each other is what I suggested  ... and it's not something I would have thought of when a new user either. So suggesting the easiest and most likely way to get the person working again was somehow wrong?

I asked the same question once myself. Got that answer and was quite thankful. I was back to work.

Sometimes other things are at issue and as someone in IT I'm assuming you're quite practiced at iterative problem solving.

As to general complaints about the CC "model" feel free. Not my company of course. Like most of the folks here (except those with Adobe badges) I'm another user.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you. This CC2017 is as painful if not more than the previous one. I'm sometime asking myself if they even tested it before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am having same issues having  an audio clip in my PPro CC timeline. Right-clicking it shows "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" as greyed out.  (Edit video clip in After Effects works fine)

HP destok 16gb Ram 4gbs Envidia Graphics Card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines