• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in photoshop won't work in Premiere!

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click on an image on my time line in premiere and I select "edit in photoshop" It usually opens the image in photoshop and I can edit the image and save it, and it automaticlly saves it in premiere.

Now when I click "edit in photoshop", it will open photoshop but it won't open the actual image. So now I have to manually import the image into photoshop and then import it into premiere. How can I get it to function the way it used to?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure psd documents are associated with the Photoshop version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping in here - experiencing the same problem. It's not a psd document, so we can't make sure the PSD documents are associated with the Photoshop version we are using. It would create it itself in the Photoshop version we are using.

You have a png or jpeg on your timeline, you right-click and select "edit in photoshop" and it used to just open that png or jpeg in photoshop. Now, it opens photoshop (application) but doesn't actually open the file you're trying to edit. It appears, from personal use and other user's comments, that it mostly just happens on mac. 

It used to work for years and years and years.... and now it's just hanging at the basic photoshop layout. ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines