Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing captions alsmot undoable due to becoming laggy and slow

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The captions window becomes after a certain time really slow and laggy and makes it really hard to work and change the captions that the transcript has created for me. When I restart PRPRO then it's back to normal for a short period of time.

Specs:

PRPRO 15.4

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core

32GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willy5FF0,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific caption type or is it with all of them? What is the length of the caption track? Also, if you are zoomed out of the timeline, please try zooming in the timeline/sequence & let us know if it's making any difference in the performance.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried any other caption type yet. The track is 25 minutes long. I have the timeline zoomed in quite a lot so zooming in further won't help the workflow.

What type of caption types would you recommend me trying or just all of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you still help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps to know whether you see any difference between zoomed in vs zoomed out. Some users get improved results zoomed in.

See the posts in this thread for more information on the workarounds of zooming and temporarily disabling the captions track.  Also, upvote the bug report linked there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/timeline-is-lagging-working-with-captions/td-p/12212802

Also see Kevin's suggestion in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/slow-performance-with-subtitles-premiere-2021/m-p/122188...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with zooming in and it improved a bit but was still slow.

From the thread that you sugguested, disabling the Captions track did the trick for me.

Would love to have this fixed ASAP 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. I forgot to add a bug report that anyone with this issue should upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43871721-captions-in-premie...

Also add a comment there regarding your particular: zooming helped some; disabling caption track was required to remove lag.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to echo that I'm also having this issue. Pretty much after 50 caption segments I start noticing some lag, and after 100 there's so much lag that it's getting in the way of the work. After hundreds it's basically unusable. 

Until they fix this, the workaround I use is to duplicate the sequence, and work on a smaller section of captions before copying that work back to the main sequence. Since the issue appears to be related to the number of caption segments, it's best to keep the amount of segments present in your active working sequence low, to minimize the issue. I tend to work for about an hour transcribing, usually around 100 segments, but sometimes more, and then I cut and paste them back to the main sequence. From there I can go back to the "working" sequence, which now has no more caption segments, and begin working on them again. 

It's a frustrating way to handle this, but for now, it mostly solves the lag issue. They definitely need to fix this though. It's as if they never tested this feature with longer sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines