The captions window becomes after a certain time really slow and laggy and makes it really hard to work and change the captions that the transcript has created for me. When I restart PRPRO then it's back to normal for a short period of time.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Copy link to clipboard
Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific caption type or is it with all of them? What is the length of the caption track? Also, if you are zoomed out of the timeline, please try zooming in the timeline/sequence & let us know if it's making any difference in the performance.
I haven't tried any other caption type yet. The track is 25 minutes long. I have the timeline zoomed in quite a lot so zooming in further won't help the workflow.
What type of caption types would you recommend me trying or just all of them?
Can you still help me out?
Copy link to clipboard
It helps to know whether you see any difference between zoomed in vs zoomed out. Some users get improved results zoomed in.
See the posts in this thread for more information on the workarounds of zooming and temporarily disabling the captions track. Also, upvote the bug report linked there:
Also see Kevin's suggestion in this post:
I tried it with zooming in and it improved a bit but was still slow.
From the thread that you sugguested, disabling the Captions track did the trick for me.
Would love to have this fixed ASAP 🙂
Thanks for reporting back. I forgot to add a bug report that anyone with this issue should upvote:
Also add a comment there regarding your particular: zooming helped some; disabling caption track was required to remove lag.
I want to echo that I'm also having this issue. Pretty much after 50 caption segments I start noticing some lag, and after 100 there's so much lag that it's getting in the way of the work. After hundreds it's basically unusable.
Until they fix this, the workaround I use is to duplicate the sequence, and work on a smaller section of captions before copying that work back to the main sequence. Since the issue appears to be related to the number of caption segments, it's best to keep the amount of segments present in your active working sequence low, to minimize the issue. I tend to work for about an hour transcribing, usually around 100 segments, but sometimes more, and then I cut and paste them back to the main sequence. From there I can go back to the "working" sequence, which now has no more caption segments, and begin working on them again.
It's a frustrating way to handle this, but for now, it mostly solves the lag issue. They definitely need to fix this though. It's as if they never tested this feature with longer sequences.