Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Editing captions alsmot undoable due to becoming laggy and slow

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The captions window becomes after a certain time really slow and laggy and makes it really hard to work and change the captions that the transcript has created for me. When I restart PRPRO then it's back to normal for a short period of time.

Specs:

PRPRO 15.4

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core

32GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willy5FF0,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific caption type or is it with all of them? What is the length of the caption track? Also, if you are zoomed out of the timeline, please try zooming in the timeline/sequence & let us know if it's making any difference in the performance.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried any other caption type yet. The track is 25 minutes long. I have the timeline zoomed in quite a lot so zooming in further won't help the workflow.

What type of caption types would you recommend me trying or just all of them?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you still help me out?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps to know whether you see any difference between zoomed in vs zoomed out. Some users get improved results zoomed in.

See the posts in this thread for more information on the workarounds of zooming and temporarily disabling the captions track.  Also, upvote the bug report linked there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/timeline-is-lagging-working-with-captions/td-p/12212802

Also see Kevin's suggestion in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/slow-performance-with-subtitles-premiere-2021/m-p/122188...

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with zooming in and it improved a bit but was still slow.

From the thread that you sugguested, disabling the Captions track did the trick for me.

Would love to have this fixed ASAP 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back. I forgot to add a bug report that anyone with this issue should upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43871721-captions-in-premie...

Also add a comment there regarding your particular: zooming helped some; disabling caption track was required to remove lag.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines