• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing-Playback issues in version 22.0

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: updating - I am having issues as well with v22 but I waited till my project was done. I tried to play back some HD clips in a project that I had just finished editing and exporting perfectly on another older version (14.9) and those same clips are now doing horizontal banding and have unstable pixels. Tried rendering it and still no good. Thing is those same clips play back nice and clean and stable in VLC and Media Player and other viewers but in Premiere it is banding here and there. I just updated my NVidia driver to the newest Studio driver but it didn't help at all. Anybody else having issues like this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete your cache files as follows. (Close Premiere Pro) 
The files are located here, Paste the whole line below into File Explorer:
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Simply delete the three folders:
•• Media Cache
•• Media Cache Files
•• Peak Files

Premiere Pro will automatically create the folders and files it needs as you edit. I do this before every upgrade. And/or if things seem to go strange. I also keep a desktop shortcut to this folder for quick access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I tried that twice (deleting media cache, media files, and peaking right in my C drive and as well using premiere without any open project) making sure I had done it right but to no avail. After doing that I tried re-importing those few HD clips and they have some tearing and banding in my sequence, enough to be unuseable. Yet they played and edited and exported  fine in my 14.9 timeline before I upgraded earlier this week. Like I say they play back very nicely in 3 different  media players so the files are not corrupted. V22.0 just does not like them. So I am worried I can't use any of my previous HD files used in other projects. Haven't experimented yet to see if v22 doesn't like my 4k files from previous projects. Quite annoying but I don't see anyone else posting about this problem. I will continue to try to resolve the problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: my previous post with HD files from a previous project (v14.9) playing back in v22.0 with 'banding or tearing' stability issues. Tried it yesterday and imported some 4k 30fps files that play back very well in 3 media players and in v14.9 but once I put them in a v22.0 timeline they have some banding and are not entirely stable playing back either. My system is newer PC i7 12 core , 32g ram, Nvidia 2060 card 8 gig. Issues only started when I upgraded to Premiere v22.0. Have tried few tricks like deleting cache files and upgrading my Nvidia driver to no avail. Until this is resolved I will have to start new projects in an older version of Premiere. Any ideas out there? Am I the only one?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here,

It is completely unusable. I have deleted cache and done everything i'm apparently supposed to do

-AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AK!

Glad to see I’m not the only one! I have been using V 14.9 as V 22 is trash. I have horizontal banding doesn’t matter what I import or what media cache I delete. I am mystified as to how we pay an amount every month and it is unusable. And does Adobe address the elephant in the room? Does ANYBODY who works on Première even notice there are major issues with this version and at least say they are working on it!! Not sure how to proceed...ANYBODY?
Scary disconnect here….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines