• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing w/ 6channels of Audio. I sync all channels within a sequence. But my 6 channels are getting

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images of my problem

I have googled this, tried properties, tried modify audio channels until I'm blue in the face. Please help, you good people!

I would like my master sequence to be filled with, uh, "sub" sequences where I have sync'd each take/clip's audio to 4channels of externally recorded audio. I'm hoping to mix the audio once the larger master sequence is assembled. However, when I drag sequences into another sequence, I lose the 6 channels, which are reduced to 2 channel stereo (a sum of the enabled channels in the original sequence)...

• I have 100+ sequences w/ 6ch of sync'd audio, so I'd like to drag the list of sequences into a new sequence and quickly assemble all the video in order. Copying and pasting the contents of the sequences into the master does work to keep all 6 audio channels. But with 100+ of these to do, I'd like to make the "drag" into new sequence work.

• Perhaps the sub-sequences could remain linked to the master sequence throughout editing? Could I not worry about my problem and just mix/pick/edit the audio levels+channels later...and they'd be linked to the master sequence's stereo audio?

• Please suggest a better workflow! Or maybe I'm just whiffing at correct settings for the small sequences VS the master sequence. I would like to incorporate your suggestions before I edit myself into a corner.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

First you have to configure the sequence correctly by setting the Master track to Multichannel. After that you can mix the final output however you like. I made a short video showing the process, as it would be difficult to explain technically.

Download the video in the link bellow and see if it solves your problem. Good luck!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu1ntxpt02ey2ls/Premiere%20Multichannel.rar?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you have to configure the sequence correctly by setting the Master track to Multichannel. After that you can mix the final output however you like. I made a short video showing the process, as it would be difficult to explain technically.

Download the video in the link bellow and see if it solves your problem. Good luck!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu1ntxpt02ey2ls/Premiere%20Multichannel.rar?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your video helped me get it sorted! Absolutely perfect!

I was missing the Output Assignments, as well as picked up some good points through your video.

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines