• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect bug premiere pro

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been editing this video for a while and I ran into an issue while switching to GPU acceleration.

(GPU acceleration OFF)

transform bug 1.JPG

(GPU acceleration ON)

transform bug 2.JPG

So far I haven't been able to find any other solution than redoing all the effects.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can think off is switch order of effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying it cropped the video? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could GPU acceleration affect the Crop of your frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm with Ann on this one ... switch the order or apply the crop, nest, then apply movement.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, the user attached screenshots marked: 1) the GPU accelerator is turned off and 2) the GPU is turned on. What's that got to do with it??? The question is, how does enabling GPU acceleration affect frame cropping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the math and processing order can actually change between CPU and GPU encoding. Weird as it may seem to us, it does matter.

Hence ... the use of nesting the first part of the work done on a clip to clearly set the next steps correctly.

And is also useful when doing multiple heavy effects on a clip, say Warp and Lumetri. Do Warp, nest, do Lumetri. Or maybe even do Warp, a complete render & replace, then do Lumetri.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand if a user asked me what I did wrong with the applied effects, that he had a cropped frame on the right. BUT, THE ORDER OF EFFECTS IN HIS PROJECT DID NOT CHANGE, PAY ATTENTION, NEIL. Here he clearly and clearly asks and marks why he has such a reaction to turning on/off the GPU accelerator. That's the question. If he hadn't underlined and marked it, then the answer would have been obvious and correct in Ann. But, here he asks about something else. Look at the pictures and compare. What is the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are behaviors that none of us can define the reason for, that simply (to us users) ... exist. Sometimes I can get an engineer to explain and get it sorted. Sometimes ... it's just, what is, is.

Processing order in video post is always something to pay attention to, no matter whether it's Premiere, Ae, Resolve, Baselight, Avid, whatever. All of those apps have what seems to the user bizarre changes that occur based on whether X is before or after Y. So we just have to somehow learn and apply those.

No, I've got no answer if what you want is the why. But if you just want to get the work out the door, the practical answer is what is possible. And yea, I get frustrated with that from time to time also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no difference between using the CPU and GPU but unfortunately there is. The Mercury Playback Engine needs to be scrapped ASAP and replaced by the Saturn Six system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT, THE ORDER OF EFFECTS IN HIS PROJECT DID NOT CHANGE,

As Neil stated, the fact is that CPU and GPU encoding are different and may yield different results with the same order of effects.

Changing the order of effects might fix the misbehavior in the clip with GPU encoding turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So a little bit of an update! I manage to figure out what made this happen. There reason the effect moves is because of anchor points. Nesting the clip you're trying to edit before applying effects will fix the problem.
At least that worked for me! Also this problem only happend when using the transform effect with motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines