• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

effect duration

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cross dissolve that I'm adjusting.  When I open to set a frame rate I see this:  What the hec is 00:00:06:0 stand for because it is not 6 sec or 6 frames.  I want a 15 frame duration and cannot figure out how, for just this, dissolve I can adjust that.

debra_pearlman_0-1624299892509.png

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

00:00:06:0 is six seconds and zero samples.

Is this an audio transition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it's a video transition.  Very odd looking to me.  I like to work in frams and it seems that the 2=15 frames, but I'm not sure of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Show Audio Time Units" enabled Timeline panel?  Click the three horizontal lines immediately to the right of the name of the Sequence in the Timeline tab to check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's say your Sequence is running at 30 frames per second and the Audio is set to 48,000 Hz and Show Audio Time Samples is enabled.  A six-second and 15-frame transition would be 0:00:06:24000.  Unless, of course, your Project Settings are set to Milliseconds instead of Audio Samples in which case it would be 0:00:06:500.

That said, it's much easier to work with frames rather than samples while assembling picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines