• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect Timing in Timeline and Effect Timing in Preview are out of sync.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I'm using effects to do some basic editing for my work, but they don't line up correctly when the footage is played inside the preview. The footage that has the edit is played a full speed before being slowed down to 50% speed, at the time that the effect takes place. By the time that the effect is dialed down to 0 in the effects timeline, it takes a few seconds before it happens in the normal timeline. The timing looks correct when I edit the keyframes, but it is different in the actual playback. Does the fact that my video is playing at 50% speed at this part of the footage cause this? Is there away around it, or do I just have to finick with it until it matches?

I have also tried rendering the footage (in-to-out), to no avail.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're applying a keyframed effect, the keyframes are set to the timeline time-code. Change the speed of the clip, now ... yea, it doesn't line up.

So for that, apply your effects to the clip. Then right-click the clip on the sequence, "nest". Now you can do other things to that nested clip on the timeline, and the effects timing should remain for that clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines