• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects can't be dragged and dropped

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag and drop an effect onto a track nothing happens.  I get a white blank dot that looks like an old comic book character's eye, and while all the online video tutorials show an icon (like a simple fade in/out) onto the video track, I get nothing, nothing stick to the track.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCM,

Sorry. Try trashing preferences, then report back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  The tutorial videos show an icon saying Film Disolve will appear at the front or back of the clip.  It does not.  The vids say clicking on that will allow users to control the length of the fade.  Can't do that, and don't know what the new way of doing this process involves.  Film Disolve does not appear in the effects controls panel either so I'm stumped.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you trying to apply a transition effect?   If so you need to drop it on the edit point not on the clip...  at least I think so.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the transition to the edit point of the clip(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, dragging to the end point of a clip works but not the way it should.  It drops a default very quick dissolve onto there, but 1- it doesn't drop the icon onto the clip and 2, more importantly, there seems to be no way to control that dissolve (make it longer etc.)   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines