Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects masks with VR/360 footage

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a 360/VR project and want to use a mask to selectively blur some phone numbers on a white board in one of the clips. If I try this in VR mode, the mask appears, but I can't move or alter the mask because the mouse seems to default to navigation only. Additionally the mask effect does not correspond with its position and shape, which you can see if the screen grab below.. If I turn off VR mode, I can see the effect of the mask, but the mask is not visible. I've made sure the mask is selected in the effects controls, and have tried different blur effects and have tried placing the blur effects on the clip and on adjustment layers. Nothing seems to work. I tried a number of google searches, but haven't found anything on this topic. My guess is that I may need a 360/plugin to do effects masks, but I wondering if there's a setting I need to check somewhere to enable masks to function on 360/VR footage. I am running with the CUDA GPU acceleration on.

Thanks,

Gregcapture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? Looking for an answer to this right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The year is 2024 and I have the exact same problem. Disappointed 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you need to change the stacking order of the effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this is the case, I'm trying VR Blur and the mask doesn't follow the necessary distortion for an equirectangular image. Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I haven't found any answer to this problem, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines