• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects Panel Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing some basic editing on interview videos. All I need is some cropping and some very basic transitions.

I successfully edited 2 videos (so I know HOW to do it) but when I started up my 3rd project, the effects panel stopped working.

If I click on it, nothing happens. If I then click on "Windows", it will open.
I have to do the same thing - click on "Video Effects" (nothing), click on "Windows", drop down shows up.

The problem is that not matter what I do, I can't get any of the effects to work AND it freezes up the rest of my program. I have to exit and restart to get even the editing working again.

I am on a very tight deadline and this is killing my productivity!

I've updated the program, made sure my Windows 10 is up to date, checked drivers, cleared cache and preferences, restarted my computer and made sure nothing else is running in the background (though this should not be a problem with my computer). I'm at a loss - please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Delete all nested audio; see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have already tried the most common troubleshooting tips, ie. clearing prefs and cache, drivers etc. then I would next suggest and clean install. Use the link below to clear your installation and reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike...

So I went to that link and followed the instructions BUT

It tells you to first uninstall from your computer, then run the cleaner.

So I did, and when I tried to run the cleaner, now the program doesn't show up to be cleaned (because it's no longer installed!). This doesn't make sense to me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and have been for the past several days. I've done all of the steps listed above: checking for updates, checking drivers, clearing the cache and reseting preferences. I've also used the cleaner tool and reinstalled Premiere. It works for a few hours but then the glitch starts again. The only success I've had is creating a new project and importing the old project, but now that isn't even working and the program is essentially useless. Please help, I'm on a deadline and am at my witt's end with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all nested audio; see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked. Is there an alternative for nesting an audio track? I can't undo already and the nested audio track are already edited and cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the nest, copy audio and past that in the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that worked, do you have any idea why this works? Such a strange fix but you saved me haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing the nested audio seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you. So weird though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of machine do you have, Cynthia. Give us your specs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What option are you choosing in Step 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose CC Apps, but then for the next part I didn't choose anything because PP wasn't an option and I didn't want to screw things up further.

However...since I couldn't use the Adobe Cleaner Tool, I used CCleaner, restarted, reinstalled and it seems to be working now!

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lied...it only works sometimes 😞

Current projects that I have started and need to finish aren't working, but a new one is working. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look as Steps 3D and 4D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a shot, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines