• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed more than one 608 caption track during export

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone has a solution. I am trying to export an Apple ProRes MOV file with more than one embedded 608 caption track in Premiere Pro. In my setup, I have three 608 caption tracks on my timeline. When I export to MOV and "Embed in Output File" my captions, only one caption track is included in the export. Is this a limitation or is there a way to have more than one caption file embedded during export?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KR,

You can only have one CC stream for 608, but you can break it up into text blocks, as I understand. @Stan Jones explains here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/captions-showing-2-caption-tracks-at-the-sam...

If that's not working, let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, Kickball is talking about embedding multiple streams of 608 captions in a single file, which is allowed by spec (up to 4): CC1, CC2, etc. The thread you linked was about displaying multiple tracks in PR.

Kickball, my quick test with 2 streams of 608 in mov and in mxf op1a includes both streams in both exports. My verification method is inspecting with MediaInfo and importing back to PR (with "include captions" preference on). HOWEVER, neither reimports to PR came in correctly. One stream (in both exports) has significant omissions; the other stream had fewer omissions, but timing issues.

What are you using to test for output?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stan,

My test is playing the videos back in both VLC and Quicktime, and also uploading to Brightcove (which can ingest video formats with embedded captions). In all scenarios, only one caption file is found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines