• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Closed Captions in 2021

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into an issue in 2021 with how to embed captions. I could not get them to embed no matter the format I chose. I export as MXF and choose to embed as scc and nothing. 

It's annoying to have to export out of 2021 and reimport into 2020 to get the captions to embed. 

Is there something I'm missing? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may be that the captions embed, but other applications may not see them - or may not see a flag that says they are there. See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/embed-608-fails-if-import-srt-as-608/m-p/12066980#M...

My problem is I don't have a way to directly test the embed. So I test by importing the mxf to PR - which shows the embed. Or looking at MediaInfo - which may not show the embed even if PR does.

export as MXF and choose to embed as scc 

Not really relevant to the embed issue (I don't think), but I'm not sure what you mean by that. The scc is a sidecar file format. It shows as greyed out when embedding, but I don't think it has anything to do with what is embedded. For example, NTSC caption stream 608, the default sidecar is .scc. For 708, the default is .mcc. So that is what shows if you embed.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same probleme for me, have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines