• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty Folder coming in when importing sequence in Productions

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, gang, here’s the skinny: this project is a long form doc and for various reasons I’m not going to get into here, it needed to be upgraded from one huge Premiere project to Productions. It involved a lot of reorganizing of footage into MEDIA ONLY projects and SEQUENCE ONLY projects. At first there were a lot of duplicate clips, but as they were discovered we brought them into the MEDIA ONLY projects and consolidated them. So far so good.

Now, sometimes when importing sequence from project to another within the Production, the sequence brings what appears to be an empty media folder with it. If I try to delete it I get a warning saying that it contains media attached to a sequence.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 11.11.09 AM.png

Normally, I would bring that folder into the appropriate MEDIA ONLY project and consolidate the clips, but since I can’t see what the media is, I can’t consolidate it into the correct bin.

So, I have to figure out how to reveal these “invisible” clips so I know where to drag them in, to then consolidate the dupes. Anyone have any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve heard one other user have this, and that was awhile back. I can't remember what the issue was. It might have something to do with nested sequences ... ? Something.

Maybe @Bruce Bullis can help ... please, Obi Wan, you're our only hope!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project panel's context menu, enable "Show hidden". You should see something in those "empty" bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting, Bruce ... and you know, I so rarely have anything 'hidden', I don't think of that as something to check when weird stuff ... stuffs. Probably should at times ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort, but alas, it does not solve the problem.  Nothing appears in the empty bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, something made PPro think that empty folder needed to be there...

Now, sometimes when importing sequence from project to another within the

> Production, the sequence brings what appears to be an empty media folder with it.

We'd appreciate a copy of the source project, and step-by-step instructions on how you're importing the sequence into another project, to create that empty folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce! Joy has been trying to help me out - this is my project - I just sent you some add'l info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines