Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Endless Beach Ball in Premiere Pro 2021

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open projects in Premiere Pro 2021,  I get a beach ball and have to force quit to get it to stop. I have tried uninsalling, deleting preferences, nothing is working please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Premier Pro.]

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Assuming the computer systems are all good.

Which operating system do you have?  Please be specific.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. We can get this checked.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as the OP. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program. The only way I can get the project to open is by importing it into a new project. But as soon as I close that project, then the error happens again upon re-opening.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now deleted preferences and it seems to have worked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Unfortunately I closed the project and have just tried to re-open and I'm facing the same issue again. This after deleting preferences and setting up Premiere back to how I like it. Incredibly frustrating experience during a paying job. This is hours of wasted time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So after deleting my preferences this problem persists. I have found one work around though and that is to change the name of the folder where the footage is stored (in finder). This makes the footage offline when opening the project, but when I re-link it, the project works.

Still, this does not fix the root of the problem, but hopefully it could help Adobe find the bug?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a bit too hard to answer, did it Kartika?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the source folder for my footage has now become a part of my 'workflow' every time I open a project. It's just ridiculous really because that means I'm relinking footage every time as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this issue from the start of 2021. Absolute garbage again, thanks Adobe.
Not sure what the point of software is if you can't even open a project?

I have done the exact steps as described here and still no result. 

The issue is opening previously opened files on startup. If you create a new project in 2021, it will open fine. Then, if you go File-Open Project, it will open the file it couldn't magically moments earlier.

AT OVER $70AUD A MONTH, THIS IS NOT F****** GOOD ENOUGH ADOBE. WHEN WILL THIS ISSUE GHET FIXED? 2027?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand this is not ideal. Would you mind testing the issue after resetting the preferences? FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere ... - Adobe Support Community

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Shivangi

I have tried resetting preferences and it worked for opening the project once.
However the problem returned the following time I opened the project.

And now the problem persists on every. single. project!

Nothing just opens as it should. Every time the beachball comes up, it's ridiculous.
The only workaround I have is documented above...

I have to rename the source folder for my footage.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shivangi,

As mentioned in my post, I have already done this.

Several times actually.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several versions of 2021, currently 15.4.

These re-installs have both been attempted with and without importing settings from the previous install (using the install prompt in creative cloud).

No issues with 2020, whatsoever.

You guys will have to do better than a pass the buck "Did you try deleting preferences?" 

Hey, how about a discount on my account to make up for the time it is going to take me to completely rebuild my system? No doubt that's going to be the only way to fix this issue, and you guys seem to be okay with billing exorbitant prices for bug ridden software time and time again. So, what say it?

Instead of me losing income troubleshooting your software, that I'm still paying you for, how about you pay for my time to fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines