• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire computer blackscreens when importing media

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally (maybe 1 in 100) when importing media into my project, my entire computer will freeze for a few seconds, before the screen goes black for a few more seconds, then everything will begin to re-appear, kind of like when you install a new GPU driver. After which nothing will display on the program monitor until I restart the program. This also happened once upon opening a project and may have happened at other points before I started paying attention.

I have tried all of the following to no avail.

- updated GPU drivers

- updated CPU drivers

- updated OS

- updated Premiere Pro

- Checked for overheating

- took out and re-inserted GPU

- ran GPU benchmarks to check if that crashes the system (it didn't)

no idea what the actual cause of the issue is, hope someone can help me.

PC specs-

RTX 3070 TI
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
64 GB Ram

SSD boot drive, 2 M.2 SSDs running in raid 0 for editing drive

Windows 11 64 bit

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the media, and what sort of drive is it stored on? How are you importing it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- media varies, I hadn't thought to track what type specifically causes it, but I'll make sure to check that next time it happens. typically I work with pngs,  jpegs, and mp4s.

- stored on the M.2 raid 0 array I mentioned before, two Samsung 970 Evo drives.

- dragging it into the premiere window, I think directly into the timeline but I hadn't thought to consider that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which type causes this could be useful info.

Do you drag from a finder/explorer window or use the Import options from the Project or MediaBrowser panels? If from finder/explorer, try the Project or MediaBrowser Import/Ingest options instead.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines