• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire Premiere Window Jumps Sideways When Scrubbing

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using Premiere for a while now and have really enjoyed the glitch free exprience that older versions sometimes struggled to deliver. But I just update to version 22.4.0 and now the entire Premiere window jumps sideways (to the left for a few milliseconds then snaps back) when I scrub the timeline (but not when scrubbing the program monitor). Interestingly, it only happens when the program window is maximized-full screen.

I tried a reinstall. No good. Tried a few setting changes to use hardware excelleration, etc. Nope.  The only solution so far is to not run the program in a full screen window. I'm running an Acer i5, 16GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 630 onboard video, Win11. All was working well until the update. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of mouse/trackpad and how is it connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, It is a Microsoft mouse - wired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your PC a laptop? If so, try using the trackpad to scrub. Does the same issue appear?

If a desktop PC, have you tried plugging your mouse into a different port? Maybe try a different mouse?

This could very well be a Pr software issue, but I want to eliminate potential hardware issues first. (Because, frankly, a software issue will be harder to troubleshoot.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a project since my first post roughly 4 hours ago. I don't have the Premiere window maximized to full screen and it is working perfectly. I have tried your suggestion to move the mouse (optical btw) to a different USB port on my PC but it still makes the screen jumpy when it is full screen.

I had mentioned before that when I scrubbed with the monitor window the screen wasn't jerking left when in full screen, but that was incorrect. It does the jumpy thing too but only when in full-screen mode.

I've also just tried some projects I worked on a couple of months ago before the update. They do the same thing in full-screen mode but not when in a regular window. They worked fine in full-screen mode when originally worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I can't duplicate it on my Mac. I tried the entire workspace maximized and I tried just an individual panel maximized. The workspace stays put.

Do you have any monitor scaling in use?

Do you have any other graphics adapters beside the onboard Intel?

Are your drivers updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is weird. I do have a work around: don't maximize the window to full-screen. Works perfectly. Thank you for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines