• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error compiling movie. LOST TWO WHOLE DAYS!

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I7 - 4790 3.60ghZ

28GB RAM

WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 bits

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Premiere Pro is just testing me. I absolutely can't export a video without Error Compiling movie, and the weirdest thing is that it's on different time stamps. Yes, there is a bunch of effects, yes there is dinamic link with After Effects, the video is almost 18 min long with a lot of clips, texts, cuts and everything that a Youtube video should have. I've done this a lot of times before, so why this problem now?

The first export was done without the "error compiling", BUT, for some stupid reason, premiere decided to turn some of the clips green, just like the chroma key. The trickiest part was that the clip WAS FINE BEFORE THE EXPORT and besides turning the clip green on the final export, Premiere decides to test my patience by turning the clip inside the timeline green as well!! Luckly I had a bit of patience at the time, so i decided to work it out. It was inside a dinamic link to after effects, so i went there, slided the clip to a further part, and it seemed fine. I rendered the timeline inside premiere until the line was green, check it on max res and it seemed ok. But now Premiere starts with the error compiling. It looks like premiere randomly chooses a time stamp and decides not to work anymore and gives me the message "error compiling movie", because it's a DIFFERENT TIME STAMP EACH ERROR. I can't fix this, there is absolutely no way. At first I thought that there could be something wrong with the time stamp, so i went there, removed a effect, like a film dissolve or something, sometimes replacing the clip, sometimes just sliding.. anyway, after the 10th error, i said it was enough, so i decided to change the export settings. I didnt change a single thing. sometimes whenever i pressed the EXPORT button, it said "error compiling" at less than 1 second.

It's actually the second time that this happens, and TWO WHOLE DAYS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY LOST trying to solve it, and the ONLY solution was to take that first export that i mentioned, bring it to a new sequence, cut the green part and fix it. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I'm recomending everyone if they want to start editing videos like i do, chose a different software, cause it's just so anoying to cut your work into pieces in order to make it work. I'm already set in my ways, so it's going to be a hard work changing softwares, but if premiere pro keeps doing this, than yes, i'll take a chance at a different software.

I'm sure that my PC config is not that great, but, i had premiere pro back in 2015 in a personal older computer and I never had any problems with it. Now with this company PC, which is better, I have a lot of problems.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & checked if it's exporting properly? Also, is this happening while exporting in any specific format, or is it with all the formats?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That computer is unfortunately low on hardware resources especially GPU for Pr2021. So if you've got Ae comps and a number of effects, I'm not surprised it's not always completing an export correctly. Not pleased at all, just not surprised.

To get that rig working reliably:

First, export your Ae comps to full video clips, preferably Cineform, ProRes, or DNxHD/R, and replace the comps on your sequence with media clips.

Second, do a render/replace to the above mentioned media format/codecs for any clips with Morph, Warp, or video noise reduction. And any clip with time ramps and other effects applied ... or perhaps most any clip with multiple effects. Understand, the point here is to break up the processing steps so it's easier on both PrPro and your hardware.

Once you've done that, you should be able to export ok.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou Neil, you helped me a lot. First understanding that i need a better configuration and then mentioning the codecs, cause i think that this was the main issue. Thankyou again, if I have any problems I'll come back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines