Error compiling movie when 2 GPU plugged in

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So I've encountered this error when rendering preview and exporting with this new plug-in I have for Premiere. I have done lots of tests and found out that it only produces this error when I have both my GPUs plugged in. As soon as I unplug one, it renders perfectly fine. I have tried with 4 different GPUs and get the same regardless of the combination. 

I initially thought one of my GPU was busted, so I got two new ones (wanted to upgrade anyway so that was a good opportunity) but ran into the same issue.

Here are my computer specs:

Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 2022.1.2

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7-5690X 3GHz

64GB RAM

RTX 3090 and 3080 (also tested with 2x 2080Ti with same result)

hugojackson18_0-1658134870630.png

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about Error compiling movie. Could you try some suggestions mentioned here? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply. Yes all of these options would work but that defeats the point and would be a lot slower than using the GPU. I would like to have an actual answer and solution as to why when there's 2 GPUs plugged in it doesn't work but does when only one is.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can only (really) use one GPU at a time, as far as any of us users know. Two doesn't speed things along in the vast majority of tests I've ever seen.

But then, two shoudn't cause any operating problem. The only times I've heard of that happening were when someone used an SLI connection between the two cards.

You're getting this without that, apparently?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am aware Premiere doesn't make use of dual GPUs but I have two cards for other purposes. I am not using SLI or NVlink, just two cards supposedly independant from each other. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And definitely getting wrong behavior. Yeouch.

This should also be posted on their UserVoice system with full extensive details as that is the engineers input portal.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines