• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Exporting H.264 via Hardware Encoding Since Update

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my adobe apps updated automatically and i now can't render any project both Aftere Effects or Premiere. I get this error:

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:00:26 - 00:00:00:32
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3
It's 100% about new update because i got the problems same time as update. I don't have problems with drivers i updated everything(Intel Drivers). It's not about projects since i rendered them before with no problems. 
If i select Software encoding it works fine, if i choose other video type it renders it fine.

So the problem is 100% about Hardware Encoding and H.264 type, and it's because of new update. If someone has any solution i would appreciate it!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Hi, I asked Adobe and they gave this solution and worked for me:
You have to go to Preferences - Media 

Than mark off the options  hardware accelerated decoding and hardware accelerated encoding

(i translated from portuguese, maybe its written diferente)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you but I got the same problem. Hope it will be resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs? OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, and the video card driver?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! 

I really wanted to fix it, does anyone have the solution? 

And how about Adobe, did they say something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I asked Adobe and they gave this solution and worked for me:
You have to go to Preferences - Media 

Than mark off the options  hardware accelerated decoding and hardware accelerated encoding

(i translated from portuguese, maybe its written diferente)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing this! It completely solved my problem!!! I can finally export with H.264 again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem Here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just stupid that to "solve the problem" one must sacrifice the power of a dedicated GPU. Shame on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "hardware encoding/decoding" option isn't about the GPU, it's about the on-board capabilities of the GPU and/or mobo for H.264/HEVC de-encode/encoding.

The GPU use is set in the Mercury Acceleration in the Project settings.

Two completely different things.

H.264/HEVC decoding/encoding takes specific chips or segments of some CPUs, that essentially reverse the operations of the specialized chips used to do the encoding in the camera. So if your CPU/mobo have the stuff that works with the camera you've got, it's great. At least as far as being faster.

That said, in the computer, there's a common point that 'hardware' long-GOP decodes/encodes may be faster, but 'software' long-GOP decodes/encodes may be of a higher quality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're technically right, you're still missing the point. One buys GPUs and/or mobos capable of encoding/decoding formats to save precious time (and based on results... their quality is not that much lower than software encoding). So, I think it's fair to say that Adobe should fix the issue, instead of defending arguments with technicalities that don't address the underlying problem.

You're information is certainly very good anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't think I was missing the point, nor in any way 'apologizing' for anything Adobe chooses or doesn't choose to do. It's only a simple, direct explanation.

As if your hardware doesn't have the particular bits required to do this, there isn't a durn thing "Adobe" can do. Which is why Kevin asked for the hardware details. He's a staffer in their Product support, and of course, all us ACPs are simply other users like you.

Some gear the Adobe Pr devs have been able to get to work with the H.264 decode/encode process, others that could they are working on. Too slowly for a lot of us, yea. And some gear simply doesn't have the right bits.

Which is why ... what gear you have is crucial.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, drcinematic,

Sorry for the frustration. What are the specs of your computer and the media you edit with? Let us know so we can make recommendations.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I'm having the same issue since the last update. My Hardware specs: i9-11900K, 64 GB RAM, 3060RTX with 12 GB video card, Windows 11. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which driver version are you using for your RTX 3060?

In particular, driver version 526.98 has had bugs in its hardware encoding support that we'd recommend downgrading the driver to 522.30 or even 517.40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have non-English characters in your output file name? If so, remove those and try another export.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines