• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message : the importer reported generic error

Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often find this error message and i don't know what to do. As i remember, this messsage always exist when PP22 does not find some of files on my drive.

1.jpg

When i click OK, the error will display :

2.jpg

Thanks,,,

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-
TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

This happens. Incorrect compilation of the file is possible. Download the Hand Brake application and draw the problem file there in .MP4. Then open it again in Premiere. Let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ann, i'm not sure all of these files are corrupt. My media player can play all of these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ann, i'm not sure all of these files are corrupt. My media player can play all of these files.

By @Eko Wardoyo

Media Player is what it is a player. Premiere is a NLE: big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens. Incorrect compilation of the file is possible. Download the Hand Brake application and draw the problem file there in .MP4. Then open it again in Premiere. Let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi baffy19, after i reconvert mp4, pp22 can detect it. But, how can this happen? Its imposible that all of this file are corrupt?

I'm not sure all of these files are corrupt. all of these files can play on media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly incorrectly coded (possibly incorrect format, which is not defined by Premiere). Recently, many codecs for reading have been removed from Premiere in order not to load them and get rid of errors. Although in fact, we see a completely different picture and a lack of codecs for reading files.

I'm glad I helped ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Baffy, i'll try to convert all of these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the answer? How do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My advice to you: use Media Encoder to add a saved script for social networks (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) to the file. Select the one you need and apply it to the media added to the queue and additionally adjust the output quality. Click render and your media is ready for full-fledged work in Premiere. Those videos that, at first glance, have the format you need, as in the example of the video above (.MP4), encoding was incorrectly performed in it, which is why Premiere does not read this format. Use my method and everything will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines