• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message trying to use Project Manager

Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, all I want to do is back up my project and I keep getting that "An unknown error occurred during project manager operation" message. I've unchecked all the boxes, nothing is working.

I'm working with Black Magic files that I converted using the plugin from their website. Is that the problem? I'm burned out on the endless troubleshooting, reading old messages. What's the deal here?

premiere cap.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keithm1972,

Thanks for writing in.

Did you check out this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/project-manager-quot-unknown-error-quot/m-p/9274086 

Let us know if it doesn't help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For practical reasons, I don't often use the Project Manager. Transcoding H.264 clips will get the whole thing not the cuts used ... or will simply give an error and stop the process. Among other things.

So the easiest, simplest way for me is to copy the project file itself to a different drive/system. The media is all backed up, so for most purposes simply having the project files saved elsewhere covers me.

Now ... in many circumstances this will not be enough, and one does need to consolidate all media/assets of a project. Which ... can be tricksy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say project file do you simply mean the main Premiere Pro session? I've been backing that up on Google Drive as I try to figure out this issue, but I assumed if I lost my original project and had to load this backup I'd have a nightmare as the program tries to find the clips I used..

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the clips haven't moved, there's no problem. The project file is basically all meta ... it's the data of where everything is, what it is, and what you've done to it. It doesn't actually "include" any assets themselves. Just references and links.

And if you do move the media/assets, as long as you know where it is on your computer, you can re-link.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines