• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "cannot make project writable" when clicking the red lock in the project panel.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere pro at work, and im the only one. It's been 2 weeks that the project is locked by a red padlock even though it's not a shared project...

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi haise5E13,

Go to the location where your project file is saved and look for a file with .prlock extension. If you find one, delete it and see if it helps.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haise5E13!

Sorry to hear that. Can you provide more details on what's going on? Could you share a screenshot of the issue?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the answer!

So this message appears when i click on the padlock. The only thing is that as I said this is not a shared project as I'm the only one on it. More than that, is that "eel" is the computer name...

Hope these details helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Your project is, I think, in read-only mode. What happens if you click on the lock?

Also, did you try to create a new one ? 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that answer what you said, but this message appears when i click on the padlock...

I've searched everywhere and I still don't know what's going on, hope this image helps too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, i tried everything you said but none of these works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi haise5E13,

Go to the location where your project file is saved and look for a file with .prlock extension. If you find one, delete it and see if it helps.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines