Error Retrieving Frame "###" at time "##:##:##:##" from the file "xyz", substituting frame ###

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create proxies with MXF files I've imported into premiere the transcode fails, and gives me the error code:

Error Retrieving Frame "###" at time "##:##:##:##" from the file "xyz", substituting frame ###

This happens with a full batch of MXF files I've recieved. The transcoded file I'm left with is a few seconds shorter than the raw media file.

I've tried the "Software encoding only" method and moved to files to my internal drive before transcoding, neither of those worked.

Any solutions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darianl3257004,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro/Media Encoder & the source of these mxf files. Also, have you tried manually importing these files in Media Encoder & checked if you are able to transcode them?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I'm using Media Encoder v22.2 and Premiere Pro v22.2.0

These files are archival footage of sports broadcasts from the league.

I have manually imported them into Media Encoder and tried to transcode them, but the status said "Failed" and I received the same error message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try Cineform proxies rather than H.264?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlos.

I haven't tried Cineform, and I'm not using H.264 I'm actually using ProRes Proxy. Our workflow requires ProRes Proxies so I don't think Cineform would work for us even if it did work for the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines