• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error retrieving frames issues

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have for the last two weeks experienced a lot of issues with Premiere Pro. After a couple of minutes, I will get bombarded with messages about Error retrieving frames issues and also Frame Substitution issues. I spent 3 days now searching the internet to find the issue without any progress. 

First of all, I have updated my Premiere Pro and also tried the older versions without any progress. I also running the newest update of macOS Monterey 12.3.1 on my new MacBook Pro 2021 16 Memory.

Things I have tried: 

using the intel version of premiere

- I have tried checking and unchecking every combo of "enable hardware accelerated decoding" and "enable prores hardware accelerated encoding" in the media preferences.

- Tried older versions of the program.

- Render the whole selection.

I'm running out of patience and this is my last shot. I have to convert to a new video editing if I can't get Premiere Pro to work Because it has caused me a lot of issues with clients and a broken workflow. Even with proxies and no fx's on...

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 23.34.13.png 

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 09.48.05.png

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 10.00.17.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10.00.40.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10.01.48.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10.03.11.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10.05.33.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue this morning - thankfully with a simple project. I hacked a fix by sending the original media through HandBrake, converting it to Vimeo YouTube 720 30p. The original media was in 28.56 variable frame rate downloaded from Facebook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More important here is the type of footage you have and the location (external USB drive? internal SSD?) I generally get frame substitutions when my drive can't keep up with the requirements of the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's an external hard drive with a lot of space left. The footage is from a Canon C70. 

An important thing to clarify is that there have been no issues 3 weeks back. Same kind of footage from the same camera, same computer, same hard disk.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 10.17.18.pngScreenshot 2022-05-04 at 10.02.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check available HDD or SSD space. That can sometimes trigger the error.

Sidebar: Thank you, Thomas, for posting those screenshots. There's a lot of useful information there that often has to be asked for over and over again. We as a community appreciate your effort to provide as much info as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff

Thank's.

Space is not the issue as you can see in my response to the other Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines