• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when importing H265 Footage

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere 14.3.0 Build 38 on Windows 10 Version 2004.

When trying to import H265 footage (MavicPro2 & Gopro) I get a message "Generic Error during Import". 

I already installed the additional HEVC codec. 

Any ideas? Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

I can playback the video as well on Windows 10, Premiere Pro 14.3.1. I did notice that it is video-only so instead of transcoding the footage, try to change the wrapper from .mp4 to .ts or .m2t or .m2ts.

It happens to often that the Importer in Premiere Pro fails to read some files and then one can fool it by changing the wrapper. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi teecee2010,

We're sorry to hear about this. We can get this checked. H.265 import doesn't require any additional codec installation. Please confirm if you are using a trial version or if you have an active subscription of Premiere Pro. Please send us a screenshot of the error message that you are getting. Also, navigate to Edit > Preferences > Media and unheck Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding and then try to import the media.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem with importing a video file from my DJI Mavic Pro 2 into PP cc2020 version 14.3.1 build 45 Windows 10 PRO version 1909.

One file (dji_0033.mp4 )  created in standard mode, will import in PP without problems

dji_0033 info.JPG

The file dji_0045, gives an error during import ( the importer reported a generic error); the main difference : this file was created in DLOG-M mode.

dji_0045 info.JPG

Error msg.JPG

  I have tried every guideline found in this forum (disabled accelerated encoding, cleared cache, moved file to another directory), it does not import. Next I tried the same imports in PP CC 2018, no problem at all with both and many other H.265 files even in DLOG-M.

Thanks for you help

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you transcode this file in Handbrake to a H264, are you able to import then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Handbrake Prodcution Standard to transcode the file to H264; same problem when trying to import in PP cc 2020dji_0045-1 info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Any news about this problem/bug?

Thanks for your help.

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your MediaInfo output, you are still outputting HEVC, aka: H265. Make sure you are exporting H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josv81374202,

We're sorry about this. Could you please provide a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue. It will help us to test the issue at our end?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Sumeet,

I have uploaded the DJI file : https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/532fb843-f6d4-4e8b-5137-943368b68448

Success with the tests.

Regards

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you encode this in H264 in Handbrake using the "Production Standard" preset and let us know if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encoded the file with Handbrake using the "Production Standard" preset, changing the first time  Video Codec to H.264 10-bit(x264) , second changing the  Video Codec to H.264(x264). I was able to import both files (which have M4V as suffix) in PP.

dji_0045-2 Handbrake.JPGdji_0045-2 info.JPGdji_0045-3 Handbrake.JPGdji_0045-3 info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Any news about the issue?

Best regards,

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the file and it plays just fine in 14.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Ann. Can you elaborate on the OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can playback the video as well on Windows 10, Premiere Pro 14.3.1. I did notice that it is video-only so instead of transcoding the footage, try to change the wrapper from .mp4 to .ts or .m2t or .m2ts.

It happens to often that the Importer in Premiere Pro fails to read some files and then one can fool it by changing the wrapper. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Averdahl,

Thank you for you suggestions. I tried all the filetypes without any success. I have the impression that the combination of H.265 codec and de M-logD 10 bit is the cause.

Thanks again

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider transcoding the footage using VirtualDub2: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vdfiltermod/

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem by renaming the suffix of the file from .MP4 to .AVI. So it is clearly an adobe problem. Hope this works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @teecee2010 @VrJos  ,

Sorry for this problem. We have fixed this in the latest beta builds which means you should be able to import & work with these media files in Premiere Pro without converting them into any other formats. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines