• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics Crashes PP CC 2018 when attempting to open

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Essential Graphics in PPCC 2018 the app crashes.  Appreciate help/suggestions.   Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this with a windows pc 3.5GHz quad core. Intel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TonyH,

Check out this thread: Opening Essential Graphics Panel Causes Crash

Any of the solutions there working for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same exact problem and no matter what I do ( have tried every fix in that forum ) it still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same problem which started yesterday and I decided to delete everything I had done in the last 2 days until I found the problem and apparently it was a .mogrt file that I had imported that was the cause.

It was the BOXD 4K lower thirds and I think it might be due to something with the files but it fixed my problem and now Premiere Pro is working like a charm again.

Maybe you should try and go through any recent imports and changes and you might find that the problem is actually something really simple.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fix solved the problem for me.  I had just installed the AdobeStock_437112212  mogrt   and  Premiere Pro crashed within 5 seconds of launch.   I deleted just the recent .mogrt,  problem solved.   Some of the other suggestions recommend clearing all of the ..\..\common\Essential Graphics   folder contents.  Which is like throwing out the baby with the bath water.     Recommend backing out the most recent change first before a wholesale house cleaning.     Essential Graphics panel still did not populate, but a reboot of the computer fixed this issue.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TonyH,

Still having this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just go to  C:\Users\Pashmina\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Graphics  (--for version older than 2018)

or

C:\Users\Pashmina\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Graphics  (--for version 2019+)

and delete all files. it will work like a charm.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bro. It worked for me.

Just thinking - what is the negative side of it? While it did solve the problem of App crashing, just wondering will it cause any other programme deficiency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you So much 🙂

It really worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My suggestion: Please create a new user account on your windows based desktop/laptop and also, make sure to update Adobe Premiere in the new profile. And then open it and use essential graphics in the new account and export your files. Then use a jumpdrive to take the exported files into the old account and into premiere.

*This worked for me as my own workaround. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my editing team found the solution for Mac users. FYI, I used Macbook Pro 2018 and my coworker used Macbook Pro mid 2012. First, go to Finder - Go - Go To.

Go to: /users/____/library/

Fill the blank with your Mac account name. In my case, it was Ceaecilia. So it looks like this:

/users/ceaecilia/library/

After you find your library (it might be a hidden folder in newer Mac), go to Application Support - Adobe - Common, and delete all the files inside that Common folder.

Now my Premiere Pro works FINE.. FINALLY after some desperate hours. With this solution, you don't need to install-reinstall Premiere or even update it. However, you cannot import the graphic that you wanted earlier. That's the one causing bad sector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines