Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential graphics text formatting: uservoice feature request BUMP

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider upvoting if this would be useful to you:

Essential Graphics Text paste attributes – Adobe video & audio apps (uservoice.com)

I really need this, and I found it on UserVoice, with only one other votte (the OP). It is surprising to me that there is no way to edit the formatting of all text in an Essential Graphic, after using source text keyframes to change the text over time. If you discover later that the font must be smaller, or larger, or the stroke needs adjusting, or WHATEVER... too bad.

Sure, you can change it, but you only changed the formatting of that one keyframe. Go to the next keyframe where the text changes, and you're back to the original formatting. This means that any formatting adjustments must be tediously and repetitively made one keyframe by one keyframe. God forbid your formatting was: a new font, in a new size, with a new stroke color and thickness (umteen clicks). And God forbid you have dozens of keyframes to do all that on, one at a time (add an exponent to that umpteen). And God forbid you change it all and during the course of your edit, you discover it all needs further adjustment again. But unfortunately, trial and error/tweaking and retweaking is the name of the editing game in every aspect.

If you try to copy and paste the attributes from the first keyframe into the next keyframe, you will also paste the TEXT from the previous keyframe.

The "workaround" is to make certain that your text formatting is EXACTLY what it will be in the final edit from the very first type, and that it will not need any adjustment whatsoever, before adding your second source text keyframe. My friends... this is just not reality.

We really need to be able to control formatting for an entire EG text clip, including for each source text keyframe, all in one place, in one action. Please???

Please take a moment to upvote this feature request if this would be meaningful to you.

Essential Graphics Text paste attributes – Adobe video & audio apps (uservoice.com)

Also, I've recently noticed that the Adobe forums themselves seem to have new "uservoice" functionality... in other words, if a post is marked as a feature request or bug report, it can be upvoted right here in the forum. Is this new? Are we still doing the uservoice thing or did I miss a memo?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro and After Effects Uservoice functions are migrating to the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know! How does one designate their forum post as a "feature request" or "bug report"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't yet been migrated to Premiere Pro.

After Effects has been migrated:

aeb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or maybe the reason that UserVoice request doesn't have many votes is because most people do this a different way. Is there a workflow I should be using instead?

I have tried formatting one source text keyframe how I want it, and then creating a "style" to apply to the other keyframes. The big problem is, when I go to the next keyframe to apply the style, it changes the text!! In other words, applying the style to all the source text keyframes also means having THE SAME TEXT on every keyframe.

I know there has to be a way this is done correctly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just want to say... with the update to Pr v23.0 and the following feature: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2023.html#bulk-editing ... it seems like there is less and less use for keyframing source text at all. This new feature supposedly makes possible exactly what I needed (thanks devs!), as long as I add a whole new EG clip every time the text is supposed to change, rather than keeping it all in one clip and keyframing the text changes. If I have a bunch of separate clips on the timeline, I can make formatting changes to them all now at once? But if I have one clip with keyframed text changes in it, there's no way to make global formatting changes? Okay... seems a bit backward/counterintuitive/long way around the barn... but whatever works I guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines