• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics tool - Selecting an individual word is proving difficult

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug of Premiere 22.6.2?  I am merely attempting to select a word in a 3 word sentence and highlight the last word and change the color, and I find it impossible to select it.  The solution is to just erase the last word and re-type in a different color.

But I am doing this a lot, so I would love to hear from anyone who had this problem and knows of a solution.  Neither my mouse or pen (tablet) works for what I am trying to do, which should be quite simple.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the program monitor, double-click the text/graphic, that will put you into the text editing field, then just select/highligth the word you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can select the text tool, then just swipe to highlight the part of the text you want. When double-clicking, you can go from the Selection tool, to the text tool w/out having to select the text tool first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I know all that.  For me, the cursor is at the end of the text box and highlighting does nothing.  I can only move the cursor with the arrow keys. 

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are describing is not normal behavior.Is there anything different about your mouse/keyboard setup? Are you saying you are working on a tablet with a mouse?

I'll describe what I'm seeing. If yours is not working right, try resetting the workspace to the saved layout. And if that doesn't work, I would reset preferences.

I am working in PR 23; but I don't think there was any difference in 22.6.2.

Click in an open part of the timeline so your text/text box is not selected. Make sure you have the selection tool selected (arrow) and not the text tool. Position the CTI on the timeline so you see the text.

Left click once on the text. You should still have the Selection tool, and a box appears around the text (mine is blue with white dots for the adjustment points).

If you keep SINGLE left clicking in this box, nothing happens. It is still the selection tool.

DOUBLE click in the box. All of the text is selected, and the tool changes to the Text tool.

SINGLE left click anywhere in the box, and it shows a red insertion point, and you are in editing mode. If you type, you see the letters. You still have the Text tool.

DOUBLE click on a word. It selects that word, including the space after it.

Double click on a different word; it selects that word.

Triple click, it selects that whole line.

If it is point text (created by clicking with the Text tool and typing), five clicks select all the text.

If it is paragraph text (created by dragging a box with the Text tool and typing), four clicks select all the text.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines