• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics - Where did Word Wrap go?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the legacy title tool, I can just right click on the text bounding box and select "Word Wrap", and my text will start a new line if it reaches the boundary of my frame.

But I can't find any such feature in Essential Graphics. If I type in the bounding box and the text reaches the edge of the frame, it'll just continue on the same line off the frame. I have to manually add line breaks if I want them, which does not make this text tool well suited for revisions.

Is this option hidden somewhere that I can't find? I've already searched this forum and the manual with no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

The manual is imo hopeless.

The legacy titler has word wrap the new titler has not.

Might want to file a Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

FYI I was able to find out how to use word wrap in the new Essential Graphics panel in Premiere. When you select the text tool, instead of just clicking once in the Program Monitor, click + drag to make the size of the text box you want. Then, when you type or copy and paste text, the words will automatically wrapped based on the boundaries you set. You can can then adjust the text box size as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The manual is imo hopeless.

The legacy titler has word wrap the new titler has not.

Might want to file a Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This puzzles me though, since word wrap seems to be a pretty essential tool. There is an equivalent in both Illustrator and Premiere. Does anyone know why it was omitted in this last update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omitted? it was never in the new titler.

It is still in the old one, to use it you need to make a kbsc for it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, when I said "omitted" I meant that it was not carried over from the old title tool into the Essential Graphics system. Or at least, it doesn't appear to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zackd28415061  wrote

Sorry, when I said "omitted" I meant that it was not carried over

Nothing was carried over.  Essential Graphics is completely new and different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

zackd28415061   wrote

Sorry, when I said "omitted" I meant that it was not carried over

Nothing was carried over.  Essential Graphics is completely new and different.

You know what I mean. No need to be a  {removed}  about it.

[Moderator note: as a public forum, language must be kept to professional standards and suitable for all.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EGP has some pretty awesome capabilities  ... and many things you have to do manually or import.

I've told a couple people that EGP has word wrap like our old beater van has infinitely variable windshield wipers  ... although some might consider them both "manual" ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW TO WORDWRAP IN PREMIERE PRO 2018

GOTO File / New / Legacy Title

When Legacy opens up you can use the AreaTypeTool on the left. You simply left click hold and drag a box over the video. Paste within your text and it will word wrap. If it is too large, simply adjust the font size down and the rest of the text will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I was able to find out how to use word wrap in the new Essential Graphics panel in Premiere. When you select the text tool, instead of just clicking once in the Program Monitor, click + drag to make the size of the text box you want. Then, when you type or copy and paste text, the words will automatically wrapped based on the boundaries you set. You can can then adjust the text box size as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is awesome! ... but now I need help taking it one step further:

I am using a mogrt from Adobe Stock, not a title I created myself. The template text box already has some properties I want to keep, such as font/stroke/motion/dissolving in and out, etc. But when I paste text into it (from another app, it's too long to type out), the text doesn't wrap... apparently because I didn't draw that text box myself to my preferred size.

I can draw another text box on the screen just fine, and if I paste the text it will wrap... but now it has none of the mogrt magic. It's just a static text box that completely mismatches the rest.

So my question is: is there a way to either...

A) Adjust the text box that is already in the mogrt so that the text wraps in it automatically... or,

B) Draw my own text box to make the text wrap... and then copy/paste the attributes/effects from the original text box onto my new one?

I'm grateful for this post... at least I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines