Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Sound makes Premiere freeze

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was recently in contact with Adobe chat support, regarding my severe freezing issues. Premiere Pro would almost constantly freeze and just show the spinning wheel of death when doing basic edits in my timeline, or just even navigating around in Premiere. I've tried all sorts of different possible solutions, including updating, clean reinstall, xml-export, import into new project etc.

Project is around 500GB of C300 1080p footage, and I'm running Premiere Pro CC 2018 on High Sierra 10.12.5.

iMac (Retina, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4GHz Intel Core i7

32GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048MB

I just discovered (but probably should've tried this before wasting a whole week) that Essential Sound is the scapegoat. I love using it, and I haven't had any trouble in smaller projects (that I can remember), but as soon as I selected all my audioclips in my timeline and removed all the audio effects, Premiere started behaving normally again, and I've haven't had a crash all day. I just tried applying the same Dialogue Preset, and Premiere almost instantly froze up again. Such a bummer.

Just wanted to let you guys know, if anybody is struggling with the same. I really hope Adobe can work out a fix for this as soon as possible, as the Essential Sound is great.

Would love to hear if anybody else is running using the Essential Sound Panel all trouble free too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am also running into freezes with essential sound. Just selected all my male talent  audio bits in my sequence and added the "balanced male voice" preset to it, and after a few seconds i got the spinning osx wheel.

However i decided to go look at these forums before closing premiere and it turns out the program just slowed down to enough for osx to assume its not responding. Because after a few minutes it popped back up and the "effect" was applied. By no means the performance i'd like to see in premiere of course, but at least not a real crash. Perhaps it is the same for you?

Have you tried the "grab a cup of coffee and wait and see" approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience two weeks ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this? Everytime my Essential Sound Panel opens Premiere freezes up. Even if I have nothing on the timeline. I am on a brand new and powerufl machine. I have updated, I have reinstalled, I have deleted caches, I have trashed prefrences. I don't know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still .

Problem not solved.

Wasted HOURS and HOURS on what should have taken no time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally fixed this and found a solution.

If you're on a Mac go to Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/22.0. rename the 22.0 folder and then launch Premiere Pro and check if it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows. Changed it on C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro
Didn't help. Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody at Adobe take care of this. It makes my job a nightmare! Every time I select an audio track Premiere freezes and the damn beach ball spins around making me furious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. This really needs to be sorted. I'm a big fan of the software but if the bugs aren't fixed I will be forced to use something else. It's really affecting my productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines