• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

essential sound presets (EQ: Female Voice, etc) disappear + clip volume visually non-responsive.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential Sound presets suddenly disappeared in version 22.4 mid-session. 

Specifically, I'm looking for the Essential Sound Creative-EQ presets like "Female Voice". The only option I have now is "Smooth".

Additionally- The clip volume slider in essential sound does not provide visual confirmation on any adjustments made. If I move the slider, the volume of the clip is still adjusted, but the db numerical value always shows as zero.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere. I tried rolling back to an older version (22.0). Neither worked. I also updated my Nvidia GeForce MX450 to driver version 516.4.

Additional info: 11th gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.8GHz (not sure if this is helpful or relevant). 

Screenshot of essential sound panel attached.

Hoping someone knows of a workaround or fix. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I tried moving the essential sounds folder to my desktop to get the defaults to be recreated/regenerated as detailed in the below linked post. This did not change anything.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/essential-sound-panel-presets-missing/td-p/9... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can copy the ess. sound folder over from older versions (15.0) of Premiere in the Documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not worked either.

I have done 3 remote sessions and a phone call with a more senior Adobe support rep. They've mostly been able to fix it through multiple (per rep) un/re-installs with the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. But the presets all disappear again after 1-2 hours.

After speaking with the last rep who fixed it I left Premiere open and stepped away. When I returned the presets were gone again. One rep mentioned they're all still appearing in the Adobe program files, but for some reason they're not being pulled into premiere properly.

I've also run virus scans on my computer just in case, but the scan was clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get rid of your virus scanner and just use Windows defender. Just as good.

All you need is a malware program such as MalwarBytes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK rules out the virus scanner being the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines