• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every single Adobe Cloud Application Suddenly Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've been using Adobe Cloud for years. I recently got a new laptop, from which all the programs had been working fine for months. However now when I went to use the programs again (the laptop is for business trips so I hadn't used it for about a month) suddenly every single Adobe program freezes after about 2 minutes (or instantly upon startup). These programs specifically are After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder. I've tried everything I can think of, including completely wiping the entire computer and re installing the programs from scratch (and even did the upgrade to Windows 11 to no avail). I'm completely lost and any help is appreciated as I'm still on the business trip.

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 1.69 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎26/‎2021
OS build 22000.282
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

Sorry. Which GPU do you have? Have you updated your GPU drivers? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics. When I hit update driver it says it is up to date. Version 27.20.100.9749

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something about this integrated graphics card that is causing this issue?
I have seen other people posting that they have the same issue with this graphics card. 
I had mine freezing like this for over a month now. Tried every version of Premiere Pro, even the new 22.0 with the Windows 11 update and also with Windows 10. 
Live agent support could not find the underlying issue to solve this. 
Do we just have to wait until it magically fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's a common problem for the gpu? That's crazy,  considering this is brand new and not some old thing. I really hope there is a work around. I'm on a work trip and literally can't do my job, even though I'm paying so much for these programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing. I thought it was a bad Premiere version or windows update, but even after a fresh install of Windows 10 before the issue happened, the freezing happened after a few days again. 

Also this problem has been happening for other laptops of the same graphics card as well. It works perfectly fine on my personal desktop pc, and my macbook, but not on this laptop with the similar spec as yours. 

Here is one of the posts I read that which shows that it may be something about the graphics card. 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/are-intel-iris-xe-graphics-compatible-with-p...

I just hope this problem can be solved, beacuse I would have to restart the program all over again after 1-4 minutes of editing and saving every 3 seconds I edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder for example stops and freezes at the 2:04 mark each time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had the same difficulties, my laptop spec is similar to yours. I got Adobe support to remote desktop me to diagnose why this was an issue. They said its down to RAM at first, but then proceeded to tell me that its actually the GPU and it will vary on each project how much it uses the GPU (which didn't make sense to me).

Long story short I think Adobe have come up with a series of updates that are causing problems for the likes of you and me.

option 1 - get an eGPU (very bulky and take away the essence of editing on the go)

option 2 - get a new machine (very expensive)

option 3 - go back to version 15.0 (I am currently downloading to give it a try. This must be where they upped the requirements.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know how going back to previous versions works please! And are you able to revert versions with Adobe Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Colint,

Unfortunately didnt work at all!

the last couple of days I've just been eyeing up the m1 macs as it looks like they handle the video editing I will need. Sorry I do not have a better option 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, still broken, however disabling the GPU seemed to fix the issue. It's not as smooth for editing etc and not ideal, however it's better than the programs freezing every 2-3 minutes and relaunching the program. Maybe Adobe will be able to scrape together some cash one day to fix this issue? Or reply to this thread? Because if it doesn't fix I'll have to find a new editing program which I do not want to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPU? Do you mean change the render + playback to software only mode instead of OpenCL?
I have been able to edit with this mode, however it takes forever to export, and all the effects look different which defeats the purpose of my previous edits as I have to do it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Salsabila5D3A,

We'd need more info to help you troubleshoot. What kind of media are you using? What kind of hardware is inside the computer? What has changed in February, which was stable before that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kevin!
Thanks for your respond!

So heres the answer :
1. What you mean about "what media?" a software? this problem appears on premiere, illustrator and photoshop even though i've turned off the Intel Iris Xe. its always freeze after a several minutes uses.
2. My laptop hardware is Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 with specificatuoni : Core i5 Gen 11, Intel Iris Xe Graphic, RAM 8GB, SSD 512GB
3. I dont know exactly what changes happened last February. But im sure that i always update whatever the system offered such as windows update, intel driver update, bios update, etc. i didn't change anything except doing the update.
4. Oh and im curious about this, should i install the driver from lenovo website or from intel website? because i just realized that the two drivers are different. So far i've been updating from the intel driver support assistant.

Thankyou for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good day, Salsabila5D3A! How are you? Fine, I hope. 

1. When I asked about the media you are using; I meant which camera shot your footage? What format did you use? H.264? If so, you have to take action. to optimize the footage.
  2. Thanks for giving me your hardware configuration. My opinion is that your laptop is not very powerful, so you should optimize the footage before editing it. Otherwise, your computer will struggle to play it back. This problem usually means creating proxy files to solve it. You can also transcode the files to a new format. Usually, you use Media Encoder for these processes. If the footage is from a mobile device or stream, you may have to use Shutter Encoder, a free download.
  3. Thanks for the info on what has changed with your system. It sounds like nothing earth-shattering happened to your system except the update. It helps to do some maintenance after updating and before you resume working on existing and new projects. In general, sync settings before setting out on the update. Delete the media cache with all projects closed is the primary step. The other thing editors often do is reset preferences. Once you reset preferences, you can download your settings once more. Doing so will restore them. After, working with Premiere Pro in the newer version will go a lot smoother.
  4. Yes, I would advise installing the drivers from the Intel site as the Lenovo site might not have the latest drivers. Keeping GPU drivers updated can significantly affect making your system run smoothly. 

Sorry for the extra steps due to the media and your computer's performance capabilities. Please return with questions. I hope these answers help you edit more smoothly with your laptop and Premiere Pro. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Got a suitable laptop from the company, but i think Intel® Iris® Xe is the big problem. Crashing every 5 minutes when i'm working on Adobe Premiere Pro. Arggg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i have the sama problem like you. adobe software like photoshop and premiere had been working fine since i bought this laptop (June 2021), and suddenly the problem appears on February this year. even i have finished several project using this software before and it works fine. have you found any solution for this problem? thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines