• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I open Premiere, the process changes?

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a couple of videos in Premiere, but now every time I open an existing project, the layout and windows have moved and changed. Things are disappearing, and then a few minutes ago I tried to open it again and got a completely blank screen - no splash screen showing existing projects, just a blank screen. It happened four times. Even when I did open a project, my bin wasn't showing up, so it wouldn't present all of the clips/graphics that I was using in the video. What gives? This is very frustrating.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

No, it's what happens occasionally on any one machine. Working fine for the vast majority of users. If you're having issues on multple apps, it could be a permissions issue on the folders the Adobe apps store preferences in ... among many other things.

So ... troubleshooting is about finding what's causing troubles on your machine. First ... are you using say Microsoft's "OneDrive" app, or a similar cloud based backup service? My newest rig ... OneDrive got installed. It took over all "User" f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried rebooting machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be an IT professional. lol
Yes, my computer was restarted twice due to blackouts yesterday, after I had already closed, so .. no, it didn't shut down unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a blank screen, so I didn't even get to a point where the workspace was open. I also noticed that Photoshop was being finicky, too. Is his what we can expect from subscription-based programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it's what happens occasionally on any one machine. Working fine for the vast majority of users. If you're having issues on multple apps, it could be a permissions issue on the folders the Adobe apps store preferences in ... among many other things.

So ... troubleshooting is about finding what's causing troubles on your machine. First ... are you using say Microsoft's "OneDrive" app, or a similar cloud based backup service? My newest rig ... OneDrive got installed. It took over all "User" folders, put them within a OneDrive folder system that the Adobe apps could write to ... but not read from. Was a nightmare to get the blame OneDrive shut down permanently and my 'normal' User folder structure/behavior working.

At which point, my preferences, saved workspaces, all of that simply ... worked.

(And Ann, like nearly everyone else helping out "here", is a peer ... a Premiere Pro user volunteering help. And she's very widely knowledgeable on this app and the weirdities it can do ... )

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines