Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Execute Extendscript in web/desktop application

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After hours of research, it seems like the only way for end-users to execute Extendscript is via Premiere Pro plugins. Is that correct?

So what I want is to create an application, maybe a web or a desktop application, and it will generate scripts that users can use to interact with Premiere Pro. Can you help to suggest some solutions to my problems?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

I don't understand why an external application would be desirable. 

For a CEP panel hosted in PPro, importing and manipulating project items is easy. From an external application, it's basically impossible. 

Users should not have to install a CEP panel to use my products, right?

If your application exists to "create and manipulate elements within PPro projects", then users should only have to install a CEP panel, and not an external application. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems like the only way for end-users to execute Extendscript is via Premiere Pro plugins. Is that correct?

No.

A plug-ins is a compiled C++ code library; there is no ExtendScript involved. I think you may mean CEP panels, instead of plug-ins? 

What sort of scripts do you hope to generate, for PPro users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an XML file describing a sequence, clip items, ..etc. The script will be used to import the file to PPro, and also generated some more advanced things like Adjustment Layer to the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simply process that file, from within a CEP panel, in PPro? Why is it desirable, that your integration require an additional external application?

Note: There is no API for adding adjustment layers, but you could import a template sequence (from a template project), into the user's current project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for creating an application is to make the progress more user-friendly. Users should not have to install a CEP panel to use my products, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand why an external application would be desirable. 

For a CEP panel hosted in PPro, importing and manipulating project items is easy. From an external application, it's basically impossible. 

Users should not have to install a CEP panel to use my products, right?

If your application exists to "create and manipulate elements within PPro projects", then users should only have to install a CEP panel, and not an external application. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines