• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit from the 22.3 export dialog?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I cannot believe I can't find this. In 22.3, we now have the huge full-window Export dialog box. If you bring it up… how do you cancel out of it? I cannot find any way to do it except to close the project and quit Premiere. That can't be right, but there's no obvious cancel button, and closing the window closes the project.

TOPICS
Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

@Xofp wrote:

Really? Once you are in that dialog box, you're stuck and you have to either export or close the project?

No, it isn’t that bad. But it took me a while to figure out: The key is to pay attention to the three new headings at top left next to the Home Screen icon: Import, Edit, Export. They are mutually exclusive modes that you can switch among at any time. Much like Lightroom Classic, which I use all the time (although I know that is not true for most video editors).

We may not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot cancel out but send your timeline to AME then you can use the old fashioned export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Once you are in that dialog box, you're stuck and you have to either export or close the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can go back to Edit or Import.

Thought you wanted to export your sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ... you simply go to the upper left corner and select the Edit tab/page.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Xofp wrote:

No, it isn’t that bad. But it took me a while to figure out: The key is to pay attention to the three new headings at top left next to the Home Screen icon: Import, Edit, Export. They are mutually exclusive modes that you can switch among at any time. Much like Lightroom Classic, which I use all the time (although I know that is not true for most video editors).

We may not realize it right away, but when working in a project, Edit is selected in that new header area. When we export, Export becomes selected. If you want to get out of Export without doing anything, click Edit in the header, and you’ll be back in the project. 

Similarly, if you are in Import because you created a new project, but don’t want to import anything yet, click Edit and you’ll proceed to the project. Or if you’re editing a project and you want to import or export, you can click Import or Export instead of looking in the menus.

Premiere Pro 22.3 Import Edit Export modes.gif

It’s completely unintuitive for those used to traditional modal dialog boxes, but there’s nothing technically wrong with this new arrangement, and for some it will be easier and more convenient. Once you get used to it, it shouldn’t be much of an issue for power users either.

And actually, for power users, I just figured out that the same old traditional keyboard shortcut still lets you cancel out of Export back to the project: Press the Esc key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It's… well, a change, I'll just say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines