Exit

Export a Premiere pro project

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Half way into the editing of my film, I need to change the editor 😞

Is there a way I can export the whole project to continue with another editor also on PP ?

En plein milieu du montage, je veux changer de monteur 😞

Y a-t-il un moyen d'exporter tout le project pour un autre monteur qui travaille aussi sur PP

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of different approaches to this, but ideally what you would do since the project is unfinished is send the current Project File along with all the source media to the new editor. Is there a particular reason why this can't be done? The new editor should be able to link to all that original media and still have full editorial control.

There is also the Project Manager feature - which can be hit or miss - and that can allow you to dump all the used media from a sequence or the project into a folder (assuming it works). You'd have the option to copy all the used media in its entirety, or transcode to add handles. Ideally you'd be providing all of the media, but I guess it depends on how much is left to do in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phillip. Current Project File is probably the best way to go in this case.

Another question. Can the project be exported this way (current Project File) and be continued with Final Cut Pro instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want it to remain editable you would export an XML, which will contain the basic information from the edit - which clips were used, their in/out points, speed adjustments, motion adjustments. It won't carry over any proprietary effects, that kind of thing. So it's for basic timelines. You would also need to provide access to all the original media that the Premiere Project, and subsequently the XML, would be referencing.

If you export from Premiere then obviously you'd have a baked out video file that you could import into whatever NLE you want, but it would not be editable like it was in Premiere.

If you're asking about the Project Manager and using that, that would put out Premiere Pro Project File along with the media, so not usable in FCX or anything else (unless it also gives you the option to put out an XML, but I don't use Project Manager at all, really, so can't advise with specifics on that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines