• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a timeline as individual clips

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a way to do this - in Davinici it's literally a check box on export.

Please can someone help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hey there –

We kept hearing this question so we created this tutorial for how to export your timeline as individual clips! 

I'm also talking with our designers about how to work this feature into a more intuitive spot in the app! Thanks for bringing this to us.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that's it! - when I used the 'Match Frame' option it didn't indeed reveal a 4 sec clip in the source monitor. I double checked the speed of the clips and actually they were all set to 40% - so when I re timed all the clips to 10 secs I must have not un-chained the speed and duration dialogue box. I'm sure I did - but I must have not done. FYI this are all really, really static tripod wide landscapes so the slo-mo look didn't register.

Thanks so much!

SOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO glad you got going! Some of these little trip-ups can be ​so​ difficult to find and remove.

And with R&R as a method of exporting clips with corrections/effects as clips ... setting the "Source" to "sequence" ​and​ setting "Include video effects" seem to be ​both​ needed to be certain you get everything out that you thought you put in.

And I wonder under what circumstances result in the 'Include video effects' being grayed out, as no matter whether I select one or multiple clips and have 'fresh' clips or worked clips, it's always available ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also feel free to add your vote in User Voice: Export timeline but as individual clips – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this being tagged as the correct answer? It doesn't actually help anyone else looking for this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP may have tagged that as correct because it gave the last bit of data he needed to get going.

Anyone can set a "correct answer if one is not already chosen, btw.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export individual clips from the timeline, with effects. I don't understand why this isn't an option in 2020. I need to do this with thousands of clips on a new job. Do I REALLY have to go to Resolve? Seems like such a simple task... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, this is a right pain, and many of us have been asking this for quite some time. There's one thing that works for some things.

Set the sequence Preview format/codec to the one you need for exporting the media. Then "render" the timeline, and use the "previews".

Test this with a few clips, and see if the timecode and such stay correct.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help me export individual clips as one process does it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am replacing my post of an hour ago. I've been back through this again, with the "proper" procedure.

Timeline Render and Replace Command to export Individual Clips

The Render & Replace command is found by right-clicking in the timeline panel, and selecting "Render and Replace". After installing a preset that fits your export needs, this can be used to create a folder of all or selected clips from a timeline. All clips will be in the folder specified, with the exact same names as the originals, but in the format/codec of your choice. You must make sure that the "Include Video Effects" checkbox is checked or any color or other effects work done to the clips will not be included in the export.

If you add handles, then of course the clips will be slightly longer than the clips on the sequence. If you do not they will be exactly the same length as the clips on the sequence. The timecode will be kept from the original clips. Note, in some circumstances Premiere may 'count' things one frame differently than Final Cut, and occasionally also Resolve. I've had this create issues when working on a project going from or to the other applications.

As you can't queue that to MediaEncoder (Me) ... it doth mean that until the "render" of the new transcoded files is done, Pr will be completely occupied. So ... it's nice to do when you're going to be taking a break as for lunch or end-of-day if there's a number of clips to process.

This is the process I use for exporting both things I've simply graded in Lumetri, or for when I have done a fair amount of "heavy" work to some clips, and wish to "bake" that into the clip permanently. And then use that newly "baked" clip, with all the effects already processed, to do further work in a timeline.

There is the UserVoice request to simply give us a proper option for exporting clips from a timeline with original names and timecode ... please go to "Export Timeline as Individual Clips" and upvote this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must make sure that the "Include Video Effects" checkbox is checked or any color or other effects work done to the clips will not be included in the export.

On v22.0, this checkbox is only clickable when you select 'source: sequence', but then you don't have access to the encoding preset.

If you select 'source: preset', then you do have access to the encoding preset, but the 'include video effects' box is greyed out, and you can't click it.

Just incredible to me that it's nearly 2022, we pay a significant amount of money every year for this software, and we still have to manually export clips one by one by carefully adjusting the in and out points of each one. That said, the workaround I've just started using is to nest each clip. Here's my process:

Right click clip -> Nest (I created a keyboard shortcut so now I just click clip and press N)

Enter clip name

Repeated for all clips

Highlight all newly created sequences in the project panel, right click -> Export media

This queues all the clips to media encoder.

Start queue.

Sit back and calmly watch media encoder encode all the queued clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This turned out to be exactly what I needed! It's unfortunate there needs to be such a convoluted workaround, but this worked great. In my case, I only wanted to export as audio, and could not find a way through Project Manager or Render and Replace to write out mp3 files. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, that this should be an easy thing to do!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution here might be way easier...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdE7OIkgzRc

How to Export Individual Clips in Premiere Pro? For example for color grading sessions or for archiving purposes. It can be done in an automated way! Even if you want to export hundreds of clips from a sequence. Although I have an even better method I talk about in this video! ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does NOT include any effects you've done to the files though, as the person specifically states. So no color correction, Warp, anything will be applied to the clips exported that way.

The only way to export clips from a sequence as clips ... and with effects ... is to use the Render & Replace option listed above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
thanks for pointing that out and sorry I missed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I know ... I'm far more experienced with this issue than I would have preferred becoming. I've been asking for what seems a simple option to export as clips ... for quite a while. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there –

We kept hearing this question so we created this tutorial for how to export your timeline as individual clips! 

I'm also talking with our designers about how to work this feature into a more intuitive spot in the app! Thanks for bringing this to us.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've summarised this as some really quick text instructions here: https://easieranswers.wordpress.com/2021/11/15/exporting-a-sequence-as-seperate-clips-from-premiere/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing if you could click a box that includes effects and color corrections made on the clips.  It would save me a lifetimes worth of time exporting trimmed up and colorcorrected clips for stock sites.  Currently I have to nest each clip and select them all and export that way.  Seems like a tottally unesseary step.   I think it would be best if you could just select all the clips on a timeline and right click them, then have an option to export clips indivually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

This method is fine (though not easy to puzzle out at first). But as noted at the very end of the little video, it doesn't include any effects.

We need a quick & clean method for exporting out the clips of a sequence including effects. Especially in collaborative and remote work, someone like me may be handling color but the clips need to be used by someone else for final editing/graphics & publishing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which option exports as mp4 though? I can't find anything on it.

Only .mov or mxf & xmp which is frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note there is an "import preset" option. You would need to go to MediaEncdoder, and 'make' an export preset or grab one from there. Export it to X folder on your machine.

Then in the Project Manager, use the "Import Preset" to install that for the Project Manager to use.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is adobe working on including effects to the export files?

It's mainly when clients want b-roll broken down into individual files and you have hundreds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. I've been pushing for that for years. Hard.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines